01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AcuSense G2 ISU/SL models - 2 Way Audio fixed

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
Apologies for the double post. I've reported this on another thread but their issue was related to setup with a K series NVR...

Since purchase I was unable to get the 2 way audio working on a DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL and DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL model. Selecting the microphone and then selecting IP camera as the Audio destination would either result in an error code being displayed OR if the connection worked, I'd just get stuttering, garbled output from the cameras speaker. I'd been waiting for an update to the the G3 firmware that they use to resolve the issues I assumed it was the camera at fault. They are both connected via the PoE ports of a DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR. While browsing the Hikvision portal I noticed a newer build of the 4.40.016 NVR firmware detailed - "I series NVR firmware with two way audio failed issue on Hik-Connect for Acusense camera".

I loaded this firmware last night and after testing this morning can confirm that the issue is fixed and the 2 way audio works perfectly now to both cameras when connecting using the Hik Connect app. A link to the firmware is below for anyone else having the issue:

Reactions: Dan
Hikvision PTZ cameras
Thanks for testing and posting your results @JB1970

Good to see this issue fixed

Apologies for the double post. I've reported this on another thread but their issue was related to setup with a K series NVR...

Since purchase I was unable to get the 2 way audio working on a DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL and DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL model. Selecting the microphone and then selecting IP camera as the Audio destination would either result in an error code being displayed OR if the connection worked, I'd just get stuttering, garbled output from the cameras speaker. I'd been waiting for an update to the the G3 firmware that they use to resolve the issues I assumed it was the camera at fault. They are both connected via the PoE ports of a DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR. While browsing the Hikvision portal I noticed a newer build of the 4.40.016 NVR firmware detailed - "I series NVR firmware with two way audio failed issue on Hik-Connect for Acusense camera".

I loaded this firmware last night and after testing this morning can confirm that the issue is fixed and the 2 way audio works perfectly now to both cameras when connecting using the Hik Connect app. A link to the firmware is below for anyone else having the issue:

Hi JB1970,
I have just bought the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL with the DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR and having issues with 2 way audio stuttering etc, it works fine when using laptop and Web access but when using Hik-Connect app on Android phone selecting mic and via ip camera it is awful.
I have upgraded firmware on cameras and NVR as you suggested, however speech is still stuttering on camera speaker.
Can you share your settings around audio configuration just to ensure I have not missed something simple.
TIA.

Hi JB1970,
I have just bought the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL with the DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR and having issues with 2 way audio stuttering etc, it works fine when using laptop and Web access but when using Hik-Connect app on Android phone selecting mic and via ip camera it is awful.
I have upgraded firmware on cameras and NVR as you suggested, however speech is still stuttering on camera speaker.
Can you share your settings around audio configuration just to ensure I have not missed something simple.
TIA.
My issue when I first got the camera was that I had stuttering audio through the microphone when listening in. This issue was present on all methods of connection - browser, iVMS 4500, Hik Connect. All I did to fix that was switch from mic in to line in and back again applying it each time. I was simply messing around with the settings and that resolved the issue for incoming audio from the in built microphone.

The outgoing audio to the camera at this point was still garbled and pulsing/stop/start making a conversation impossible. Also I was constantly getting an error when starting 2 way audio in Hik Connect and selecting the IP camera as the source. The firmware update I indicated fixed both issues completely.

Just to confirm - when updating the I series firmware, have you used the patched version that fixes the issue? The standard version on the UK portal is V4.40.016_build200803 - that version has the problem. The patched version is V4.40.016_200902_ezviz_talk.zip. Confirm it's build200902 in the NVR menu.

My settings are shown in the image below. Also try the two way audio with your phones WiFi off to eliminate that.

Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 11.06.40.png

@JB1970,
Thanks for the response, I have used the update from the portal. Hope this is not an inappropriate question to ask for this forum and please delete if so but where do you find the patched firmware. I have Googled but no joy?

@JB1970,
Thanks for the response, I have used the update from the portal. Hope this is not an inappropriate question to ask for this forum and please delete if so but where do you find the patched firmware. I have Googled but no joy?
Hi its ok, I have found it. Will try now, fingers crossed.

Hi its ok, I have found it. Will try now, fingers crossed.

Yeah I noticed it by accident. I can’t imagine why they didn’t just add it as a new revision. I hope the patch gets applied to future updates and not forgotten.

Post back to update how you get on.

Yeah I noticed it by accident. I can’t imagine why they didn’t just add it as a new revision. I hope the patch gets applied to future updates and not forgotten.

Post back to update how you get on.
@ JB1970 Brilliant, it now works great, thank you for your help, very much appreciated.

@ JB1970 Brilliant, it now works great, thank you for your help, very much appreciated.

Glad it worked for you also. I’d recommend you keep a copy of that firmware file. There’s always a chance that when Hikvision release their next update that they forget to implement that patch. Be aware of that and at least you can roll back to this version.

Hi JB1970, I’ve purchased the same NVR along with a number of DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL cameras. I’ve used Hikvision before but not with audio. I purchased these cameras as I also wanted to be able to use them to communicate two way should it be required. I notice you connected via POE but did you require any additional connection to allow for audio use or do you only require POE? Many thanks in advance, any/all help much appreciated. Andy.

Hi JB1970, I’ve purchased the same NVR along with a number of DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL cameras. I’ve used Hikvision before but not with audio. I purchased these cameras as I also wanted to be able to use them to communicate two way should it be required. I notice you connected via POE but did you require any additional connection to allow for audio use or do you only require POE? Many thanks in advance, any/all help much appreciated. Andy.

Hi Andy. No additional connections are required. Displaying the camera in the Hik Connect will automatically stream the audio from the cameras internal microphone so that you can listen in. To start two way audio, click the microphone icon and a prompt will appear "Select Channel for Two Way Audio". At that point you should select "IP Camera" - you will then be able to speak back via the cameras internal speaker.

In order to hear the audio from the camera you must have both the main stream and sub stream type set to Video & Audio (by default they are set to Video only. I had to use the patched version of 4.40.016 firmware I've referred to for the NVR, in order to get the two way audio to work as I was getting an error.

PS: I note that there is now a newer version of firmware for the I series available (4.40.017). It's not yet clear whether the patch has been included in 4.40.017 and so I'm holding back on updating my NVR further for now.

Hi Andy. No additional connections are required. Displaying the camera in the Hik Connect will automatically stream the audio from the cameras internal microphone so that you can listen in. To start two way audio, click the microphone icon and a prompt will appear "Select Channel for Two Way Audio". At that point you should select "IP Camera" - you will then be able to speak back via the cameras internal speaker.

In order to hear the audio from the camera you must have both the main stream and sub stream type set to Video & Audio (by default they are set to Video only. I had to use the patched version of 4.40.016 firmware I've referred to for the NVR, in order to get the two way audio to work as I was getting an error.

PS: I note that there is now a newer version of firmware for the I series available (4.40.017). It's not yet clear whether the patch has been included in 4.40.017 and so I'm holding back on updating my NVR further for now.
Many thanks for a swift reply. Great news, I can continue with my new install knowing additional connections aren’t required. Thanks again, great forum.

Ok on a related note even at 100% the audio output is far to quiet when used.
Can this be connected to an external amp and speaker system using the green audio I/o cable does anyone know?

Ok on a related note even at 100% the audio output is far to quiet when used.
Can this be connected to an external amp and speaker system using the green audio I/o cable does anyone know?
It’s crystal clear on mine, can even hear bird song. Are your settings correct? As posted above -

“In order to hear the audio from the camera you must have both the main stream and sub stream type set to Video & Audio (by default they are set to Video only. I had to use the patched version of 4.40.016 firmware I've referred to for the NVR, in order to get the two way audio to work as I was getting an error.”

My NVR is running V4.40.015 and audio is working perfectly, might be worth checking what version firmware you’re NVR is on? Further up this thread there are updates but you need to ensure you get the one with the patch to sort the audio issue. As mines working I’m not messing with anything.

Sounds a stupid question, but which cameras have you got as similar versions don’t support audio. Majority of mine are - DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL.

It’s crystal clear on mine, can even hear bird song. Are your settings correct? As posted above -
“In order to hear the audio from the camera you must have both the main stream and sub stream type set to Video & Audio (by default they are set to Video only. I had to use the patched version of 4.40.016 firmware I've referred to for the NVR, in order to get the two way audio to work as I was getting an error.”

My NVR is running V4.40.015 and audio is working perfectly, might be worth checking what version firmware you’re NVR is on? Further up this thread there are updates but you need to ensure you get the one with the patch to sort the audio issue. As mines working I’m not messing with anything.

Sounds a stupid question, but which cameras have you got as similar versions don’t support audio. Majority of mine are - DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL.
That’s not what I am saying mate, the audio is clear but the output ( I/e when I speak in the mic and it plays from the camera it’s self) is way to quiet even if I set the volume to max in the gui.

What I want to do is connect the speaker to an amp or run cable from the audio I/o cable to a larger gauge speaker and amp so when I talk using say the hik connect app my voice as it leave the camera is booming not a whisper.

Cameras are the acusense DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL.

That’s not what I am saying mate, the audio is clear but the output ( I/e when I speak in the mic and it plays from the camera it’s self) is way to quiet even if I set the volume to max in the gui.

What I want to do is connect the speaker to an amp or run cable from the audio I/o cable to a larger gauge speaker and amp so when I talk using say the hik connect app my voice as it leave the camera is booming not a whisper.

Cameras are the acusense DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL.
I can't think what could be wrong there that it could be so quiet. Could it be that the the camera is oriented in such a way that the shroud of the turret is masking the camera speaker?

A couple of days ago I was late acting on a notification and still got a delivery drivers attention as he was getting back into his van about 10m away.

You could use the audio output block but you'd need to run that to a small line level amp and connect an appropriate speaker to that.

I think we are on different subjects, for a domestic installation where the cameras probably no more than 2 meters off the ground and doesn’t have to be overly loud it’s fine.

however this is in an industrial setting where a louder noise is needed, at best this is maybe as loud as a slightly raised voice…

what I am asking is is the audio I/o an i/o as in a relayed switch or is the out an actual output I can connect an amp and speaker to,

the nvr it’s connected to usEd 2 x 60w speakers and a small 60w amp so sounds loud…. Then comes the camera that in comparison is a whisper and that’s what I need to fix as I want the automated messages as loud as when I speak through the nvr output

however this is in an industrial setting where a louder noise is needed, at best this is maybe as loud as a slightly raised voice…

Fair enough - you didn’t mention that it was an industrial setting.

It’s a line level output (as detailed on the data sheet) so you would connect that to an amp and perhaps drive a public address horn style speaker if you want volume.

Glad it worked for you also. I’d recommend you keep a copy of that firmware file. There’s always a chance that when Hikvision release their next update that they forget to implement that patch. Be aware of that and at least you can roll back to this version.
Hi all, sorry to resurrect this thread, but where can i find this patch? every search i do comes up blank or no longer available. is there a newer firmware that. has the fix? im very new to all this so any help is appreciated thanks.

Hi all, sorry to resurrect this thread, but where can i find this patch? every search i do comes up blank or no longer available. is there a newer firmware that. has the fix? im very new to all this so any help is appreciated thanks.

It’s there still - hasn’t moved.

It’s NVR firmware solely for the I series. Although the issue manifests itself with the AcuSense camera and while using Hik Connect - it’s a fix for that model NVR. I’ve since updated to a newer/latest version and the problem has not returned. If you have that NVR and camera combination, I’d probably try the patch first to prove it’s the same issue you’re having - before updating to the newest version.

Back