01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Adding ANPR to NVR

R_M

Hi all, I’ve just added an ANPR to my Iseries NVR. I should really know why this isn’t working, and know it’s something simple. I’ve already adjusted the setting which is meant to make the ports plug n play, which is did months ago when adding initial camera. I thought I should be able to plug pretty well any Hik camera thereafter and it would self configure to the network and just ‘work’. Within the NVR and when browsing in to the NVR it’s shows that the port 2, which is where the ANPR plugged in, it states ‘detecting IP camera’ and has been doing so for best part of an hour. The IR beam on the camera are working, just no image. Where have I gone wrong?

So after having a good look around I found the issue. It was set up to plug and play. Next on my list was it getting enough power. Looked in the POE settings and discovered the default is short run for power. As the cam is a good 40m from the NVR I knocked this up to long run and it’s now online.
Now to work out how it actually works.

Got it all working and reading plates.

Anyone know how I can get the ANPR plate images in to Hik connect? The camera is showing, but not getting anything come through on notifications.

Back