01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Adding Everfocus cameras to my Hikvision NVR?

so600

Hi all. I hope I am not jumping in on the wrong thread but looking for some help. I recently acquired a Hikvision NVR and 4 Everfocus EHN3340 cameras. Unfortunately the previous owner didn't know any of the settings and reset the NVR to default before giving it to me. (He is building a new house and demolishing his old one). I have set up the NVR and manually tried to install cameras. However I keep getting an amber triangle and parameter error. There is data going to and fro as lights are flickering. I only know that they were connected on ONVIF. I inputted port 80 and used my own admin and password. I have checked and unchecked PPPoE a few times. Still shows no link on monitor. I would appreciate any help in setting up.
Regards
so600

What model number is your NVR?
What firmware version is it running?
Are the cameras directly connected to the NVR's camera ports?
Can you please upload a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Hi Phil. Only Seeing your reply now. I will reboot it in the morning and get that information. This evening I borrowed a poe switch and concluded that one camera is faulty. The other 3 worked with the ip config tool from EverFocus and I reassigned them ip addresses and could see them on the pc screen. When attached to the NVR I can see them on camera manager but there is no link still. Switched pppoe on and off and played with admin passwords but still the same. I will have model number in the morning.
Regards Jim so600

You do have the option to leave them on the POE switch and add them manually to the NVR.
This may be best, as you can be sure of being able to fully access all the camera config settings - when they are on your network with their own IP addresses.

Thanks Phil. It's a Hikvision PV-DL08-8POE
I will try that and see how it goes. Many thanks for your input and assistance
Jim

Back