01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Adding external hdd to Reolink nvr via eSATA port

Rivy

I have Reolink NVR system and wish to expand memory by adding external hdd. See attached photo from Reolink. Try as I might I cannot find a supplier of the cables required to power the 3.5" sata hdd and connect it to the NVR's eSATA port. Reolink haven't been able to help much although they did try.
Can anyone help, please.

Attachments

• 20210625_102442.jpg
    10.7 MB · Views: 515
Hi Phil, many thanks for your research and your suggestion. I think you got closer than me but, apart from being an expensive option, I'm worried about several comments suggesting that the product runs very hot. I would think that a survelience HDD, running 24/7, would probably not last very long. It's very strange that Reolink cannot come up with a recommended supplier of the necessary kit. I suspect it doesn't actually exist. Anyway, in the absence of a solution appearing, which I now very much doubt, the only option for me is to replace the existing internal 2GB HDD with a 6GB HDD. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Hi Rivy,

My esata enclosure just died and am looking for another one. This is the most economical I could find on Amazon US.

Vantec 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s to USB 3.0/eSATA HDD Enclosure (NST-366SU3-BK) , Black​

Maybe you can find one similar on Amazon UK. Just put eSata in search and hopefully, an economic one comes up. My old one was also from Amazon but only lasted 8 mos. I had a 4TB drive on it, could hold about two weeks of video, which is better than the 5 days I get with the 2TB internal drive.

Back