01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice configuring hikvision camera

Irish1234

Hi guys

After mounted 2 new hikvision cameras at one of my premises, image quality at nighttime is really bad .I have cleaned lens and made sure there’s no dirt or condensation on them but picture quality is bad , these are mounted about 30ft height outdoor , attached two photos if anyone has some suggestions that may improve the image quality

Attachments

• E3FE98AA-D8CC-4DA8-BF01-AEC852829854.png
    E3FE98AA-D8CC-4DA8-BF01-AEC852829854.png
    370.8 KB · Views: 521
  • 2470BC88-69C0-426F-8CF3-FAAB69F77CD5.png
    2470BC88-69C0-426F-8CF3-FAAB69F77CD5.png
    435 KB · Views: 734
Is that behind glass/ inside looking through a window? There seems to be a lot of reflection.
Also could it he humidity clouding the picture?
Are there lights pointing at your cameras?

Hi

No the cameras are mounted outside not behind glass or any obstruction.

Also don’t think it would be the humidity as the image is perfect during the day only is effected at night time

No outside lights , cameras are in a completely dark area with no lights near cameras

Are those a representation of the cameras image all night?
Is there any other cabling running alongside your cctv cabling to those cameras?
I know that running mains electric cabling close to rj45 cabling for about a meter can completely kill the rj45 cable signal.
If there is current carrying cabling nearby can you test with the current off?

Yes as soon as it gets any way dark the images just get worse and worse as the night goes on .No there are no other cables running along side any of the camera cables .
Anyone any suggestions?
Cameras are perfect during the day

make sure if there is a cable entry point grommet, that it is in place and well sealed - i had a dome that did similar at night - moisture was getting in at night so it was fogging up. re sat the grommet and sealed it , no probs since

Back