01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice for DVR

Securus

I am looking to buy a couple of cameras which are of decent resolution with night vision.

Have a DVR4-4580v system with 4 cameras attached. The cameras are old and so swapped two of the cameras with ones in which have a higher resolution . They work fine but I have found an issue with one of the newer cameras attached to channel 3. When attached it films fine during day time hours, but between 4:30pm and 8.30am the screen goes black with the message - "No Video" and also causes all 3 of the cameras to have the same message displayed- "No Video" . At exactly 8.30am all of the displays re-appear on the screen. This occurs every day and only stops when I disconnect the camera from channel 3. I have swapped the two high resolution cameras with each other and the same thing occurs. It only occurs when a higher resolution camera is attached to channel 3.

I have contact the technical support behind the device and they have not been very helpful.

I have bought a newer version of hardware and updated the software.

I would very much like to buy some cameras from you but I need to sort this issue out first. I think the video display goes off at night is because it needs more power for night vision?

I have one separate power adapter for all 4 cameras -

Cameras power adapter is INPUT 200-240V OUTPUT 1.8OV-0.2A
The DVR power adapter is INPUT 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.6A Max OUTPUT 1.2V-2000mA

They are all plugged into an extension in which is connected to the mains.

Should I buy a power adapter for the DVR that matches the same power as the camera - INPUT 200-240V OUTPUT 1.8OV-0.2A??

Thank you.

Regards

R

Odd that those PSUs have very low stated output voltages.
Please double-check it says 1.8V and 1.2V (it is unlikely / very low / would expect say 12V)

2000mA = 2 Amps for the DVR PSU
Which is greater than 0.2 Amps (=200mA) of the camera PSU

Upload photos of their labels if it's simpler for you

Hello,

Please see attached images.

Sorry as you are aware I have no idea about the voltage strength.

Cameras power adapter is INPUT 200-240V OUTPUT 1.8OV-0.2A

The DVR power adapter is INPUT 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.6A Max OUTPUT 1.2V-2000mA

So is it the camera adapter voltage that is too weak?

Regards

J

Attachments

• camera adapter.jpg
    camera adapter.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 181
  • DVR adapter.jpg
    DVR adapter.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 182
The power rating of the PSU that you are currently using is probably too low (200mA) to power four cameras.
But also be aware that it is an 18V DC PSU.
You need to check what the required power for the cameras is (and ensure that you provide enough power for four cameras).
NB - The cameras will draw more power at night when their IR LEDs illuminate.

Hello,

Thank you for replying back.
Do you have any recommendations of adapters from your store that I can put forward to the manufacturer at all?

Thank you

Back