01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice on a new setup.

Do these systems mark when there is an activity so you can easily find the incidents in the recording? What is the best way these systems send you alerts if they spot someone on your property at night for example?

You can configure Video Motion Detection (VMD) or smart events such as line crossing.
You can use these to mark the timeline.
You can configure the system to send you email alerts and/or push notifications to an App on your phone.

However, it is very hard to perfect detection.
You tend to get lots of false alarms; birds, spiders, cats, clouds, moving bushes, leaves, etc.
You probably won't want it notifying you overnight.

Yes this is the problem with Nest. Its worse at night also. It misses some totally and others it sends the notifications too late.

I was planning on putting the alert on the side of the car which is black so only when someone enters that box it sounds an alarm.

I was hoping the new cameras with the AI were going to solve this problem

Maybe getting some 4MP Dark Fighter cameras is budget friendly then upgrade one to the 8MP variant when they come out. I can use the 4MP one in a less important location then.

Can you advise a camera for the purpose of logging number plates. Someone said that ANPR logging is included in the software for free is that right?

ANPR is free , you dont need an additional licence fee. It is built into ANPR capable cameras

Back