01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice on Cams with Mics Audio and POE NVR.

Codey

Hi Guys,

New here and its my first post, I'm new to CCTV and planning on installing a CCTV system. I'm hoping to do it myself so I figure a POE setup will make life easier. I was planning on buying a complete NVR system but now I am thinking of sourcing the camera's and NVR separately because of specific needs, but I am confused about compatibility between cams and NVR's and have questions about audio as I would like to record audio at the front of the property. Below is what I am thinking, looking for folks to that can suggest some suitable products and where I can source them. Below is what I am looking for.

POE NVR: 4 channel (8 CH if its not to expensive to allow for expansion in the future). Must have event trigger/motion detect with e mail notification, and remote viewing and be configurable over network via PC as I plan to keep NVR in the attic.

CAMS: 3 x outdoor bullet POE cams , (for side and back of property, audio not so import and will settle for res of 720P/960P to keep cost down).

1 x out door cam for front of property, min resolution 1080P, must have built in mic to record audio with picture. I would also prefer this to be a PTZ cam. Also question 1 - can audio be recorded over POE with video (i.e. single cat5 cable to for sound, video and power? Or is a separate mic/audio line to NVR required? Details on audio is scant when reviewing systems online.

My Budget is £250, but can stretch to £300. Is this reasonable?
Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,
I'm afraid we can't get near your budget.
This would be the NVR we'd currently recommend:
Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder

Hi Phil,

When it comes to camera's to pair with this NVR would I be limited to Hikvision Cams, or would it support IP cams from other manufactures. Also when it comes to audio, if a POE cam had a built in mic would the audio be carried over the same cat5 cable or would it need a separate audio line? Thanks.

You should be able to record any camera that is ONVIF compatible.
The audio is integrated with the video. Only the usual single data cable is needed between the camera and the NVR for video & audio.

Thanks Phil and thanks for clearing that up for me regarding the audio.

Back