01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice on CCTV

Philiom

Hi, I am new to the forum, I have been looking at a Toguard 8ch with 4 MP wireless cameras incuded in the kit, I am looking at getting a 5 MP Toguard wired camera, my question is:
Will this 5MP work on the Toguard 8ch using one of the spare sockets?

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi @Philiom

Do you have actual model numbers for these Toguard products? If not can you please share links for the products you are looking at?

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply, What I am looking for is a system that will cater for 2mp wireless (For internal use) and 5mp wired (External use). The items I have seen are on Ebay Numbers: 153990169025 Wireless 2mp Toguard and 392980842654 Wired 5mp Toguard, I am not sure if either of them will support what I am after, I have tried talking to the suppliers but they have been unable to help, I have read somewhere that is you want to wire a wireless 2mp camera with poor signal you can wire with a cable but it has to plug into the internet router, would this work? This is all new to me so any help would be gratefully received.
I could not see model numbers so sorry I cant be more specific with that.

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply, What I am looking for is a system that will cater for 2mp wireless (For internal use) and 5mp wired (External use). The items I have seen are on Ebay Numbers: 153990169025 Wireless 2mp Toguard and 392980842654 Wired 5mp Toguard, I am not sure if either of them will support what I am after, I have tried talking to the suppliers but they have been unable to help, I have read somewhere that is you want to wire a wireless 2mp camera with poor signal you can wire with a cable but it has to plug into the internet router, would this work? This is all new to me so any help would be gratefully received.
I could not see model numbers so sorry I cant be more specific with that.
Hi Dan, not sure if you have had the chance to reply to my query yet?

Hi @Philiom

Apologies for the delay in responding, I have had a search around and I think I have found the products you were looking at (although without clear part codes I can't be sure) and from what I can see I think both won't work for you. The 2MP system supports WiFi cameras but it is unclear if it supports wired cameras, and the 5MP system is the opposite with it supporting wired cameras but unclear if it supports WiFi cameras.

If you have camera locations in hard-to-wire locations we would recommend a Hikvision NVR like the DS-7608NI-I2/8P 8-channel NVR and then you can extend your local network to those more remote locations with things like Powerline devices, WiFi Bridges, etc...

Hi Dan, no need to apologise, its free information I am getting!, thanks for your information, will look into Hikvision

Reactions: Dan
Back