01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice re: CCTV hardware advice

RetiredTD

Good evening

I have the following items which were salvaged from our old property about 18 months ago, and had been operating for two years ok, and now I wish to use in our new property and add more HD-IP cameras.

Xvision Onvif High Definition NVR HD IP Model XNR 1609 NVR for 16x720P or 9 1080P/720P Cameras

Planet FSD-804P 8-Port 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Switch with 4-Port PoE Injector Model/SN FSD-804P (V3) A310114400920 (000)

XVision Pro HD HD IP Model XC1080V - 1406169011 IP 192.168.1.188

Now to the questions. The Planet FSD-804 developed a very noisy fan so I took off the cover and found that the fan had been attached by what looks like chewing gum or the likes, instead of the usual screws, so I wish to replace it.

Today I picked up what I thought would be a replacement from Marketplace namely a NetGear FS 508 Fast Ethernet Switch Auto 10/100 Switching.. But alas it does not recognise the XVision camera.

Being eighty years of age I seek advice as to which Netgear model switch to get for my system please.

Many thanks in advance for your advice and patience, thank you.

RetiredTD

All POE should be plug & play e.g. the same from all manufacturers.
The key standard for POE is the IEEE802.3af standard ('at' if higher power, and other suffixes are possible too).
If both switches conform to that standard, then both should work.
Some early manufacturers made non-compliant kit e.g. POE injectors and switches.

Good Morning Phil,

Many thanks for your positive comments to my problem. This morning I had success with my recent purchase of the Netgear POE.
I must have had a Senior Moment when I first tried with no success, so now I am very happy.
Thank you for your comments and very informative site.
Robert

Well Done.
You're welcome - glad we could help :)

Back