01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advise for indoor cameras

Tripo

Hi,

I am currently setting up my video surveillance system and I am wondering which type of camera I should use inside my house. I have two entry doors at the opposite direction and they both can be seen from one point of view. I am looking for something discrete and with good quality at night (IR). My system is based on HikVision products so I was thinking to keep it like that and get cameras from that brand.

I saw 2CD2463G0 seems a good camera but I would need two of them, one per door. I don't know much about quality at night (I saw some youtube videos and they didn't amazed me, but maybe that's juste due to youtube :p) and they don't look small enough to be "unseen".

My second thought was fisheye cameras. They look like a smoke detector. I know fisheye technology is not good for far distance due to dewrapping but indoors, distances are not that large, up to 8m around the camera in my house. I was wondering if using a 12MP version could overcome this problem, like if 12MP dewrapped fisheye could "look like" a 6MP normal camera. It could be cool to have the possibility to cover a large area with only one camera and follow somebody breaking into my house a long as possible. Of course, they are much more expensive than a 2CD2463G0 but then I could get only one camera.

I saw on HikVision two fisheye cameras: 2CD63C2F and 2CD63C5G0E. I found 63C2 on your website but not the other one. The 63C5 looks even more like a smoke detector but I don't see any IR light. Do you know anything about this 63C5?

What do you think about 12MP fisheye for a house? Is it too overkill?
Is there any other discrete camera with IR for indoor?

Thanks for your advise

Generally we'd recommend a cube camera or flat dome for indoors:

I very seldom recommend fisheye cameras as they over-promise / under-deliver and are terrible in low-light, but it would work in the setting that you describe.

I'm sorry, I don't know why we have the one model of fisheye and not the other, we do try to offer all the variants that are kept in UK stock. If you particularly wanted that model, please drop an email to info(at)use-ip.co.uk and one of the team will investigate.

Ok, thanks for your feedback. I think I will just take two cubes as you suggest.

My second thought was fisheye cameras.
I saw on HikVision two fisheye cameras: 2CD63C2F and 2CD63C5G0E. I found 63C2 on your website but not the other one. The 63C5 looks even more like a smoke
Yes, sometimes you just can use simpler cameras.
Talking of a fish-eye cameras. They can be very useful in a hotel reception rooms or when you have a coridors crossing. You can simulate fish-eye camera zones using a free trial of a cctv design software IP Video System Design Tool. The program will show Identification, recognition, detection zones on your plan as well as will simulate fish-eye view.

Back