01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Alarm Notifications IVMS-4500

Rob

I have a DS-7604NI-E1/4P and have been utilizing it over my local area network (IP Domain). No issues for a couple years - just recently my alarm notifications stopped coming through the IVMS-4500 app. The DVR is capturing the alarms and can produce an audible alarm, but nothing is coming to the iphone on the IVMS-4500 app. I have checked that alarm notifications are on, notifications are turned on phone, deleted and re-input the line crossing alarms (was sure to check off "notify surveillance center), rebooted the DVR, deleted and redownloaded IVMS-4500 and still nothing. I even tried rebooting my TP-link router. I am able to see the live cameras and recordings on the IVMS-4500, just no alarm notifications.

Any thoughts out there on what may be happening? I appreciate any help you can provide!

Solution
...and just like that (July 22, 2021) the smart event line crossing push notifications are now working. Changed nothing on my end. There were no IVMS_4500 app updates for IoS, so what made it work? I have to assume somewhere (wherever the server is) there was a fix. While I am glad they are now working again, I would really like to know what the reason is for the issue - certainly was not on my end.
Why is anybody still using the 4500 app? It was discontinued over a year ago and is no longer supported.

Upvote 0
Today the notification function has stopped working two times. It was fine this morning , stopped working about 1:30 this afternoon and started working again about 7pm. It just stopped working again.
Called one of my clients who has an iphone 12 and he had the same issues today. He has 4 systems loaded on his phone for his business and home
I'm planning on ordering a different phone to replace one of mine. Something with a different OS . I'll keep it on just to see if it gets the notifications when my iphone doesn't
I wish there was an answer for this problem. It's getting old having to tell my clients there is nothing I can do for them.

Upvote 0
Same problem with push alarm....

IP camera to tablet android wifi: They stopped working but I don't know why

IP Camera to Windows PC: OK

What can I do?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, just found this thread and am so happy to learn that others have had the same battle with this.

I bought an iPhone 13 today and in order to back up my old iphone 7 (prior to transferring all data) I needed to upgrade it to the latest IOS 15.
Since then no more push notifications are working.
I have observed this in the past, and its as though the app developer eventually gets wind of "push notifications" no longer working, and addresses the issue. One such instance previously lasted a couple of months before it suddenly started working again.

Just my observations, but please keep me posted if more accurate information becomes available.

Cheers,
Joe

Upvote 0
Hello again,

I posted back in September about the line crossing issue with Hikvision DVR's and NVR's
Since that time I have been keeping a log in my phone with the dates and times the problem starts and stops.
I hadn't paid much attention to the list but looked at it today after having the line crossing stop working again today
at 11:40am. It started working again at 17:05 today.
This is what I have found looking at the list . Since Oct 16th is has stopped/started working 19 times including today.
The problem last from a few hours to 12 or 14 hours. so far always recovers the same day.
The last 15 times, it has started working about the same time of day each time at roughly 17:00/!7;08. The stop time is not as consistent
but the start time is very similar.
As mentioned in my original post, systems very in age, ISP is one of 3 used locally but mostly Spectrum or Frontier , Phones are always iphone and the problem is only on iphones so far. Anyone with an android or using a PC, laptop or a MAC has no problem.
What I find interesting is that the problem is corrected about the same time of day almost every time. Only one of my system are set up with scheduled alerts and my test currently runs across 24 different systems. I don't monitor alerts for my clients unless they are out of town but when I have the notifications stop working, I turn it on for all the systems so I know right away when it's back up.
Having this many running it makes it fairly quick for me to know when it's working again. My night and early morning always shows me activity so I normally know when it has stopped working within an hour.
I am running some systems on both ivms4500 and nvms7000 and receive notifications to both when everything is working and everything stops on both at the same time.

not sure what good this does but maybe Hikvision looks at these post and will get a clue that this is a big problem. Hope they work it out soon, makes for a very unreliable feature.

Hope this is useful to someone...

Upvote 0
OCG - Nice job on the tracking! I sure hope someone sees your post at Hikvision and addresses this intermittent issue

Upvote 0
As I already write,

IP camera to tablet Android wifi: no push alarm
IP Camera to Windows PC: OK

Actually I'm using Hik-connect but the notification is very slow, I hope we can resolve with push by direct ip local connection

Upvote 0
So today something new.

Notifications stopped working Sunday night, about 22:45.

What’s different is that when I went in to turn on notifications in all the systems none of them will work.

When I tap the button to turn on the feature I get “Failed to register DDNS server” on every system I tried. All other features of the app seem to work you just can’t turn on notifications.

This is totally different than in the past. Even when it was not working you could still turn the feature on. Then when the system goes back online you start getting notifications.

Again, this only seems to be affecting iPhones. Notifications still work on a Mac, laptop and android phones.

The system did not start working again at 17:00 like it has in the past so this seems to be a new issue.

Really wish Hikvision would take this more serious and address the problem.

Any one else seeing this problem today?

Upvote 0
So today something new.

Notifications stopped working Sunday night, about 22:45.

What’s different is that when I went in to turn on notifications in all the systems none of them will work.

When I tap the button to turn on the feature I get “Failed to register DDNS server” on every system I tried. All other features of the app seem to work you just can’t turn on notifications.

This is totally different than in the past. Even when it was not working you could still turn the feature on. Then when the system goes back online you start getting notifications.

Again, this only seems to be affecting iPhones. Notifications still work on a Mac, laptop and android phones.

The system did not start working again at 17:00 like it has in the past so this seems to be a new issue.

Really wish Hikvision would take this more serious and address the problem.

Any one else seeing this problem today?
See my recent post. If you're using HiDDNS it has been discontinued.

Upvote 0
Back