01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Alternative android IVMS-4500 ?

derekz

Hi

I have problems with the alarm push with android app IVMS-4500

Are there any alternative android software that supports push notifications?

Thanks

Hi @derekz

For Hikvision users we now recommend that they use Hik-Connect instead of iVMS-4500.

What NVR and/or camera models do you have? What firmware versions are your devices currently running?

Thanks for the reply DAN
I'd like to understand the security level of hik connect:
Are recorded video or camera live uploaded to company servers?

As soon as I have time I will let you know the model and firm of my camera.

Like almost any app, Hikvision sends some data to it's own servers as well as third party analytics companies servers. What that data consists of I do not know. However, I can confirm the Android versions of iVMS-4500 and Hik-Connect I have used (I have only ever used Android app-store versions) do work communicating directly with your NVR/s if you connect directly to your NVR/s using the IP/Domain method.
e.g. I can block all app network access to any addresses apart from my own servers (using a firewall type app) and the apps continue to work.

I know but I would not want to make the situation worse, I read that with the recent firmware compability with the apps is lost, but I am afraid that it has now happened.

Thanks @derekz

There is one version newer than that for your camera - v5.6.6
Hi Dan

I updated the latest version and installed the hikconnect app on the android tablet, but I still have the same problem, the push notification do not arrive (while on the PC in my same network, they arrive)

I activated the hik connect function on the camera and registered on the app; the live works but no notification.

Hi @derekz

How did you add the camera to Hik-Connect? IP address, QR-Code, or serial number?

Hi @derekz

How did you add the camera to Hik-Connect? IP address, QR-Code, or serial number?
I entered ip and on the camera I activated hik-connect by setting a password, but this password is not asked from the app, is it normal?

There can often be remote access issues when adding cameras to Hik-Connect via the IP address or QR-code, we recommend that you add cameras using the serial number, see our instructions HERE

As you have already added via the IP address you may need to unbind the device using SADP before adding it via the serial number.

There can often be remote access issues when adding cameras to Hik-Connect via the IP address or QR-code, we recommend that you add cameras using the serial number, see our instructions HERE

As you have already added via the IP address you may need to unbind the device using SADP before adding it via the serial number.
very good, i've done the various steps.
Motion notifications arrive, but in general the streaming is slow and jerky. Do you have solutions for this too?
The stream encryption could slow down?

Last edited:
Back