01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Alternative firmware to add ANPR capability to my Hikvision camera?

Drooghi

Hi all
Newbie to the forum, but fairly experienced in poe ip cams both dahua and hikvision mainly and a bit of axis, I've bought a hikvision
DS-2CD7A26G0-IZS 2.8 -12MM IP67 2MP DEEP VIEW
Which is the version without the ANPR firmware
Mainly due to the fact I got it cheap and it has a better image than my old dahua 5231 for plates at night.

Can anyone confirm if you can flash it with the ANPR firmware as I imagine the hardware is identical?

Not a massive issue if not as my sighthound software picks up vehicles at all times anyway.

TIA
Ian

I can't say if the camera will take the ANPR firmware. I can say that ANPR models seem to take non-ANPR firmware without giving any warnings as I accidentally downloaded and installed the non-ANPR firmware for my ANPR cameras recently. The camera continued to work but ANPR detection stopped. Luckily installing the correct firmware sorted the issue without any loss of settings. But I have not tried it the other way...

Hi @Drooghi

Similar response as @codlord in that as far as we are aware the 7A26 non-ANPR model will not support the ANPR firmware, but we haven't actually tried it ourselves to verify this.

Years ago when the 4A26 model was the ANPR model of choice there was just one camera model and you could choose to install the ANPR software if you needed that function, but for some reason Hikvision decided to introduce a dedicated ANPR model - DS-2CD4A26G0/P-IZS - which ran different firmware to the non-/P model.

As far as we are aware this is still the case with the new 7-series ANPR model, all I can say is to try installing the firmware and see how you get on.

Any ideas where I can find the functioning Anpr firmware, as I've found a few possibles and dead ends/broken links.
Ta Ian

For my cameras (DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS with H3 firmware) I got from here. Could not find on the UK portal but the moderators here kindly pointed me to that EU portal link.

Smashin, I'll upload and default/reboot later I'll try to add the older variant first if it was an add on option previously.

Reactions: Dan
For my cameras (DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS with H3 firmware) I got from here. Could not find on the UK portal but the moderators here kindly pointed me to that EU portal link.
Lovely, thanks for your help I'll try an older version

Tried every version I could find online this evening and restored afterwards to no avail.
C'est là vie

Back