01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Alternative plugin to Web Components

Andy9841

Hi Guys

Is there an alternative plugin I can use other than IE only Web Components? The Image doesn't display correctly with my graphics card for one, and I have to use IE or Chrome ith IE browser support to view my cameras.

Has Hikvision developed anything else recently, seen as though all new browsers have dropped this kind of plugin support?

I know I can install IVMS but I don't want to leave my PC or NAS on all the time to record footage, I am happy saving it to the SD card in the camera.

Hi Andy9841,

As frustrating as it, still no alternative plugin available.

As you've mentioned, iVMS-4200 is probably your best alternative. You can still access your cameras through the software while recording to the SD cards rather than NAS.

Yeah thats a good point. Haven't used the software for a while. I remember there being settings in the software similar to whats in the web interface, do you know which would take preference? ie, if I have the resolution software in webcomponents set to 720p but load the software up and its 1080p which would it use? Or am I just talking nonsense?

Yeah thats a good point. Haven't used the software for a while. I remember there being settings in the software similar to whats in the web interface, do you know which would take preference? ie, if I have the resolution software in webcomponents set to 720p but load the software up and its 1080p which would it use? Or am I just talking nonsense?

I don't think this is an issue, we have never encountered having to set the resolution in the webcomponents, iVMS-4200 should just automatically adapt to the resolution of the screen you are using.

Sorry, when I refer to resolution, I meant of the cameras, not the screen I am viewing it on.

sorry, we don't refer to it as 'resolution software' so that confused us, if you set the camera resolution to 720p then that is the resolution you will see where ever you view the camera, the only difference would be if the camera is connected & recording to an NVR where the NVR video settings would control the recorded resolution of the camera.

Dan and Kyle Mc - what has your experience been like using the 'Local Service Components' plugin and Chrome?
The G1 series as of firmware v5.6.3 seems fully functionality with Chrome v80.0.3987.116. This wasn't the case with v5.6.0 as I often had issues when trying to load new firmware via the webGUI.
1582329536810.png

Seems the newer firmware has broken away from NPAPI and works well with modern web standards. Chrome does not register it as a plugin or a extension as far as I can tell so future updates should not break functionality. Fingers crossed.

Hi @StewartM

It's good to hear you are seeing improvement with the browser access from current browsers like Chrome and Firefox, I personally am still seeing some issues as I spend most of my time on a Mac and when you try and download the 'local service components' in Chrome on a Mac is still downloads as .exe file which cannot be installed on a Mac and Hikvision have been very slow to make a Mac-compatible version of the component.

I have just updated an older G1 model (2055 Mini Bullet) to v5.6.3 and accessed from Chrome on a PC and it would appear that all the functionality available when accessing via Internet Explorer are now accessible in Chrome and other browsers. I think when we last spoke to Hikvision support about this issue, which was way before v5.6.3, they had said that they were still having some issues with higher megapixel streams (8 &12MP) not working and that H.265+ was being problematic. I don't know what model you have been testing but I have yet to test an 8MP or H.265+ camera that is running this firmware, please keep us updated with any new progress you make and any issues you spot when accessing with Chrome.

Back