01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Alternatives to HDD storage? (DS-2CD202)

sweip

Hello!

I recently found a Hikvision DS-2CD202-I laying around and I thought I might as well install it in my house! It was several years ago I bought it and it was on old firmware, but I have updated it to V5.4.5 and installed iVMS-4200. My question to you guys is if there's any good alternatives to using HDD storage? I was hoping that my camera would be compatible with Cloud storage since I have a Onedrive account with virtually unlimited storage, but I'm trying to move away from collecting a bunch of physical hard drives that just end up making a mess.

My goal is to record through motion detection, and there wont be much activity where I'm recording so a 1TB HDD is a bit overkill, I would prefer to store the footage locally on my PC in a designated folder, but I haven't been able to find functionality that supports it, local saving only seems to support manual recordings and picture captures?

Thanks for any input! :)

You cannot record continuously to the cloud / your One drive.
You can probably use a paid-for service to record snippets from the camera on motion detection.
The camera may accept a microSD card (it's not a model we offer).
You can record on your PC.
Of course it will need to stay powered-on 24/7.
If you wish to use your PC, then it's perhaps best to install Hikvision's free iVMS-4200 software.

You cannot record continuously to the cloud / your One drive.
You can probably use a paid-for service to record snippets from the camera on motion detection.
The camera may accept a microSD card (it's not a model we offer).
You can record on your PC.
Of course it will need to stay powered-on 24/7.
If you wish to use your PC, then it's perhaps best to install Hikvision's free iVMS-4200 software.

Thanks a lot for your reply! :)

I have the iVMS-4200 software, but I'm not able to configure saving footage on my PC locally, I only get to the screen that scans for HDDs. But to verify - it IS possible to capture motion detection sequence and save the sequence on my PC, without any external NVR or HDD?

Back