01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Analog to IP CCTV

cjwalkeruk

Hi all,

First post on this forum, just came across it whilst doing a google search trying to get some answers to a problem.

We have a MaxxOne CCTV system with 6 cameras.

The system is working fine, and it's nice that we are able to view the cameras on our TV's by switching to Channel 800, or via the MaxxOne app, however, I was wondering if there was a solution available where we could convert the signal to IP?

I would not want to lose the ability to view the cameras on our TV's at home if possible, so maybe the signal needs to be kept as analogue, but duplicated on IP?

I am by no means an expert in CCTV or AV, just wondered if it could be done.

Current Equipment:
HAWK D8800 SERIES DVR : https://www.grax.co.uk/upload/62f72-SE9065.pdf
TM-RF HD IR
https://cpc.farnell.com/wolsey/334022/amplifier-distribution-4-way-lte/dp/AP02520

Thanks in advance,

C

Hi @cjwalkeruk

The specs you have shared say that the DVR does have a LAN port to connect the DVR to your local network, are you using this?

Once the DVR is connected to your local network you should be able to access it with a browser using the recorder's dedicated IP address.

(usually, professional brands have an IP utility to identify the IP addresses of their devices, but I could not find this software for MaxxOne so I would assume there is a default IP address that may be on the DVR label. If there is no IP address you will need to contact the seller you bought from or MaxxOne directly to get their help identifying the DVRs IP address.)

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply.

I have my DVR connected to my modem, and I am able to view the cameras through the MaxxOne iPhone app.

I would, however, like to get the details so I can use other 3rd party apps to view the cameras through.

I would also like to try and upgrade the firmware of the DVR, which has not been done since the system was installed, however, I can not seem to find any information or upgrade files online in order to do this.

Device Name: MIA-D8808
Hardware Version: DM-374
Software Version: V8.1.0-20180808

Finally, I just wanted to mention... when I type in the IP address of the DVR into a web browser (Safari), I receive the below message. Chrome and Firefox do not work either:

"You haven't installed the plugin or it is not the latest version.
Please click download to download the latest plugin.
Please close browser before plugin installation!!!"

I did download the plugin as requested, but it still does not work.

Hi @cjwalkeruk

If all browsers on the Mac are not working and the plugin is not working it may be the case that the plugin is only Windows compatible and thus the system can only be accessed with browsers on a Windows device. (most likely Internet Explorer)

I just installed Parallels yesterday actually to re-order my Samsung TV channels, so I will give that a go Dan and let you know if it worked.
On another note, I have moved my CCTV around so many times these past few weeks due to having some re-organisation work being done in that area.
The connections are now starting to come apart due to them being moved so much.
Is there anything you can buy to add to these connections to make them more plug and play (like an ethernet connection or similar), instead of having to unscrew the nut every time and damage the integrity of the connection.

Attachments

• tempImage0KqSfe.png
    tempImage0KqSfe.png
    13.1 MB · Views: 202
  • tempImagesMAWGX.png
    tempImagesMAWGX.png
    12.4 MB · Views: 204
  • tempImageKQJh0r.png
    tempImageKQJh0r.png
    12.3 MB · Views: 193
  • tempImageV5pms0.png
    tempImageV5pms0.png
    12.3 MB · Views: 188
  • tempImageBjnsxa.png
    tempImageBjnsxa.png
    11.5 MB · Views: 204
It's an odd connector combo that your installer has used there.
They have crimped RF connectors onto the end of the cable, then used BNC to RF adapters to make the connection to your DVR.

Assuming it is standard RG59 co-ax cable or similar, then just fit 75ohm BNC connectors directly onto the cable ends.

Back