01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Annke N46PCK NVR Firmware Update?

Paul Bradley

Hi,

I have a Annke N46PCK NVR, it is a Hikvision 16ch OEM NVR. I am looking to update the firmware and have contacted Annke support but they state the box is up to date, I don't believe so. I also have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2 / 16p its updated and running okay. The Annke NVR is very similar to the Hik NVR (exact same layout and style just an Annke logo) but it is missing some features like Smart Events. I would like to update the Annke Nvr to the latest Hik firmware, possibly enable smart events. I have done this already for the Annke 8mp ip cameras that came with the NVR and it worked well with the Hik firmware. I have attached a screen shot of my NVR's configuration screen. I believe the firmware version is outdated compared to the what is available on the Hikvision UK portal. However I cannot figure out what firmware I should use to update the NVR to. I think it is a K series but then is it K1 or K2 model? Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached a link for the Annke NVR specification.

Attachments

• NVR.png
    NVR.png
    98 KB · Views: 640
Hi @Paul Bradley,

Would this be the first time you've updated the N46PCK NVR's firmware?

Looking at the pictures of the back of your NVR on Annke's product page for it, it certainly looks similar to a 16 port Hikvision model. Probably, either the DS-7616NI-K1 or the DS-7616NI-K2-16P. Unfortunately, only Annke can tell you which one it is for certain and what firmware (K1/K2) from the Hikvision Portal here is correct:

I believe that this is the firmware version that Annke have recently provided for your NVR (it may well be Hikvision firmware):
1614598086624.png

I would double-check this with them and try this one if you haven't already, unless another member has upgraded the same NVR as yours from Hikvision's portal and can provide the link to the version they used.

Hi @Kyle,

Yes it would be the first time I updated the N46PCK NVR's firmware. I have contacted Annke support but they are little help just generic copy and paste replies. Would my current firmware be more recent than that on their website as its v3.4.97 build 181119?

I have not took the chance of updating the firmware to Hikvision firmware, not knowing if its K1 or K2 yet, but with nightly false alarms on basic motion detection I am considering doing it and if it doesn't work just replace the NVR.

Would my current firmware be more recent than that on their website as its v3.4.97 build 181119?
Not necessarily - e.g. V3.4.101_build180904 would be more recent ('.101' is actually later than '.97').

Usually trying the wrong version will just result in the NVR rejecting it, but it has been known to brick some of the older / grey import / rebadged models in the past, so it would be riskier in your case.

Hi @Paul Bradley , In case that you didn't try it yet... you can update your Annke NVR with NVR_K74_BL and this will change the firmware to Hikvision ... i just tried it to mine which is exactly the same NVR as yours and it's working but I had to lower the resolution from 2160p to 1768p as I had "no resources" error when viewing the main stream on all my cameras. Don't know if there is any other apart from lowering the resolution to fix that error that i got :)

Hi @HarrisCy thank you for the reply. I am curious how has the NVR preformed since your update? Also have you got feature like Smart Events now since the update?

Hi @Paul Bradley . It working ok apart from the "no resources" error that I got if I try to put the resolution to 2160p for my cameras....Lower resolutions work ok for all of my 8 (also upgraded from Annke to Hikvision) cameras. I even upgrade both of my NVRs to the latest firmware V4.30.061 and it's upgraded with no problems...Smart events are working ok and with notification on phone with HIK-connect also

Last edited:
Hola,

Tengo un NVR Annke N46PCK, es un NVR OEM de 16 canales de Hikvision. Estoy buscando actualizar el firmware y me he puesto en contacto con el soporte de Annke, pero afirman que la caja está actualizada, no lo creo. También tengo un Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2 / 16p, está actualizado y funcionando bien. El Annke NVR es muy similar al Hik NVR (exactamente el mismo diseño y estilo, solo un logotipo de Annke) pero le faltan algunas características como Smart Events. Me gustaría actualizar Annke Nvr al último firmware de Hik, posiblemente habilitar eventos inteligentes. Ya hice esto para las cámaras ip Annke de 8mp que venían con el NVR y funcionó bien con el firmware Hik. He adjuntado una captura de pantalla de la pantalla de configuración de mi NVR. Creo que la versión de firmware está desactualizada en comparación con lo que está disponible en el portal de Hikvision UK. Sin embargo, no puedo averiguar qué firmware debo usar para actualizar el NVR. Creo que es una serie K, pero ¿es el modelo K1 o K2? Cualquier ayuda sería apreciada.

He adjuntado un enlace para la especificación Annke NVR.
[URL unfurl = "true"] Annke Vision - Specification of N46PCK [/ URL]
Hola paul.
Tengo las mismas cámaras y el mismo nvr que tú. ¿Podría decirme con qué firmware de hikvision ha actualizado las cámaras?
¿Ha logrado actualizar el nvr también y lo ha hecho, podría informar cómo funciona y con qué firmware de hikvision lo ha actualizado?
Muchas gracias por tu respuesta.

Hi @Paul Bradley . It working ok apart from the "no resources" error that I got if I try to put the resolution to 2160p for my cameras....Lower resolutions work ok for all of my 8 (also upgraded from Annke to Hikvision) cameras. I even upgrade both of my NVRs to the latest firmware V4.30.061 and it's upgraded with no problems...Smart events are working ok and with notification on phone with HIK-connect also
Hi, very interesting but loosing the 2160 resolution doesn't seem like an improvement.
I have a ANNKE set being I51DM (4MP) camera's and a NVR N48PAW.
After some trial and error the camera's working fine under my QBAP NAS software which is great.
However the NVR is a pain, it must be configured with WINDOWS which I do not use and Internet Explorer !! which even MicroSoft abandoned.
It also can be configured via a HDMI/Monitor, I can live with that but I need to be able to download the recordings from the NVR to a computer.
The only "supported" way to do that is Windows IE with additional plugin and safety settings or Windows Software.

If I only can download the recordings via a Linux computer I will be happy.
The camera's have very good low light performance, that is one reason I don't want to send it back, another reason is that the camera's
work on my QNAP NAS.
I need the NVR with one or two camera's on another location.
My NVR have the same firmware as Paul Bradley's "v3.4.97 build 181119"

If I dare to load Hikvison firmware on it, is that compatible with my ANNKE camera's or do I have to flash the camera's too?
How do I find out on a non destructive way which Hikvision Firmware would work on my ANNKE N48PAW?

Thanks

Hi @Edmund,

My N48PAW reported itself as a K74 platform board, and I was able to successfully apply NVR_K74_BL_ML_STD_V4.30.010_200715 and then NVR_K74_BL_ML_STD_V4.30.085_210409.

Before I tried the firmware, I checked the platform board by turning on 'ssh' on the NVR, which is in the Configuration > Security settings.

Then connecting to the NVR using ssh and looking at the output of 'dmesg'. One of the first lines speaks about the platform board.

[ 0.000000] Machine model: HIKVISON K74 Platform Board

Hope that gives you a starting point to check out your exact model.

Aside - I was also able to apply IPC_G0_EN_STD_5.5.89_210429 to the I51DB cameras that were in the kit with the N48PAW. This changed the 'firmware version property' from C-R-G0-0 to B-R-G0-0 but the cameras still seem fine. [ No smart events but I think the I51DB is too old for that ]

The Hik Connect app is also working with this setup. I had to unlink from the Annke Vision app first.

Cheers,

Mark

Interesting, I upgraded my N48PAW with Annke firmware which has a similar build number. I wonder if the layout is different from what Annke provided. Either way, thanks for the update MPC! I may give what you've shared a try.

IMG_4381.png

Hi @1range

I should have mentioned that I was doing all the upgrades and testing from the web interface and not with the HDMI + remote. My brief check of the HMDI output did show the new 4.0 layout and styling.

I also don't have the lack of resources issue that HarrisCy reported earlier via the web interface at 2160p (but it is stuck with needing Internet Explorer 11).

@Paul Bradley - having done both the N48PAW NVR and the I51DB cameras with current Hikvision firmware, the NVR interface has a Smart Event section in the web config menu, but none of the cameras I have are reporting they are smart event capable. ( 'Note: Does not support the function' appears when changing camera in the Smart Event section of the NVR configuration menu. )

That is consistent with the web interface on the cameras themselves as they do not show 'Smart Event' in the config menu.

Good luck!

Mark

Back