01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Another iVMS-4200 query

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I have been having real problems setting up the iVMS software and so I have decided to start again completely from scratch.

I have today downloaded version 2.7.1.9 Build 20180604 and the first problem that I have run into is item 3 in Adding a Device.....

Adding a Device.JPG

First off I cannot find a 'Device Type' panel on the right and there is definitely no option to select Hikvision Device.

Looking at an on-line help page, the instruction is to click on the 'Server' tab, I don't have one, what I have is either a 'Device' tab or a 'Group' tab. can anyone throw any light on this please.

Now I am really hoping that by starting over, I am going to succeed in setting up this software correctly.

EDIT - No matter what I do when I try to add the device, it just will not populate the 'Serial Number' column. I am certain that I have read somewhere that if the serial number appears then you will know that the system has been set up correctly. I cannot find a tutorial anywhere that covers this problem.

Last edited:
Where did you find that latest version please?
It's newer than the version currently showing at their European portal:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Presumably you have installed iVMS-4200 on a PC which is connected to the same router/network as your NVR?

The same PC with which you have been accessing your NVR via Internet Explorer?

I think I got the download from one of the links in a 'Sticky'

Yes iVMS is installed on the pc on my home network, same router etc.

I have an HDMI switch to change from pc to NVR

Thanks, I will install it and take a look.

Here is a screenshot from the version of iVMS-4200 I currently have installed on my PV (V2.6.1.2)

iVMS-4200 screenshot 13-6-18.png

Last edited:
Thank you for the screenshot Phil. Interestingly the first thing that I notice is that your serial number is showing. I do remember reading somewhere, although I can't recall where, that if your serial number is populated then all is well. No matter what I have done, I cannot get the serial number to appear when I have added the device.

I have followed written instructions on setting up iVMS-4200 and I have watched videos too but the serial number will not appear in the appropriate column.

As a matter of interest, which of the eight options should I choose when trying to add my device.
A screenshot of the 'Add' screen is attached along with a shot of my 'Device Management' screen from mi iVMS-4200. The details of my NVR are shown across the bottom of the first screenshot, should the programme have picked up the details of my camera automatically too?

Just now (11.30am 14/06/18) I have been looking through the manual that came with the camera and it states in there that the default IP Address is 192.168.1.64 whereas when I look in the 'Camera Management' area (on-line) I see that my camera's IP Address is showing as 192.168.254.2. Could this have anything to do with the fact that SADP and iVMS-4200 is not picking it up?

Device Management Screen.png
Adding my NVR.JPG

Last edited:
Just wondering if there are anymore thoughts on why I can't get the iVMS-4200 working, it still doesn't populate the serial number and it still doesn't find my camera. I really would like to be able to use this software but it is defying all attempts to get it working.

Were the screenshots in my previous post of any help to anyone?

Many thanks.

EDIT at 14.22 on 20/06/2018. Don't ask me how but I now have live images showing in 'Main View' in iVMS-4200 Whoopee!!!
However, there is a 'but'......Each time that I have tried to add the device to the 'Client' it hasn't worked and I have always had the word 'no' in the 'added' column at the bottom of the screen, I eventually got a 'yes' as I said earlier and have got 'main View' working. I then decided to log out and log back in again and then I spotted that the device was no longer showing as 'added' but, I still had the live images showing in 'Main View'. Is this normal? Do I have to add the device again every time that I open iVMS-4200?

Last edited:
Back