01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is there an API available for Hikvision's ANPR cameras?

Ragarath

Hi All,

I'm currently looking to do a project in which we have a cctv camera logging the number plates of cars entering an area. This needs to be hooked up to a bespoke system so I can't just use an NVR. I have a camera here a DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS and I was wondering if there is documentation for an API or something similar that I've not been able to find.

All we need to do is pull an image and the number plate in text format from the camera.

Many thanks for you're help.

There was a similar topic/question on this recently here:

I don't know a proper way to do it, but I would be very interested in any information people have or discover.

Someone said IVMS-5200 could be used but provided no more information, I don't know if this provides any way to get ANPR data into a database.

I do it via a self-developed automated process via the FTP method, it works well and is reliable, but is 5-10 seconds behind real-time. For me that's not really an issue, I mainly want ANPR data in a database for query/reporting/alerting.

And someone posted some C# code for HckNETSDK which works but not reliably apparently. I know nothing about that.

Hey codlord, you seem to be wanting the exact same thing as me.

I have discovered the SDK so I'm looking through that at the moment and if anything crops up I'll let you know.

Back