01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ANPR Behind Gate

dturtill

Hi All

I have the DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS set up as an ANPR, Currently, it is being tested in a Private Garage, The entrance to the Garage is a barred Gate behind which the Camera is Mounted. Due to this, I am getting multiple incorrect plates (roughly 3 incorrect then the 4th correct) whilst the gate is opening.

I have it configured as an entrance \ exit are there any suggestions how I could prevent the barred detections.

I have added a picture as an example

20171114111016_DII0.jpg

Move the camera outside the gate?
Obscure the false read through the bars by fixing a sign or similar to obscure that area?
Mount the camera further back and angle it down more steeply, so that vehicles don't enter the fov until they're through the gate?

thanks

I cant move the Camera outside the Gate as no mounting options, The sign maybe the best option.

Hi, We had a similar issue, We cut out a few bars and re welded them to effectively make a letter box shape hole. It took a bit of lining up a vehicle outside and obviously marking the cut out on the gate in the right spot. Now, however a vehicle approaches, maybe to the left a bit or right, the camera works fine and grabs the plate through the hole as the vehicle approaches.

Back