01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ANPR camera integration with LED panel

Duncan

Hi and thanks for letting me join.
We have currently got a site with a HikVision ANPR camera running on it and the client wants to output the capture plate details to an LED Display panel so that people know their plates are being captured. Does anyone have experience of how to do this and what hardware etc is needed. We do not use HikVision NVR as we have developed our own integration with our Cloud Services Platform

If you search images on the web interface of the cameras does it bring up the license plates? i'd assume not as you're not using a HIk NVR, or if you have an SD card in the camera it should display possibly. As you're running this to your own developed service I'm curious as to why you couldn't just publish a html page pulling data from your Cloud services platform? Pop a mini PC on the back of your LED display have it auto refresh the data every few minutes job done.

We are using a dedicated Hikvision ANPR camera with SD storage. The camera generates the plate data, so you don't need an NVR to process the plate data. That being the case our device picks up the plate data feed. What I want to do is be able to take the data feed directly from the camera into a converter that will then output the result as the registration number on a LED display panel.

this is possible, you can get the camera to talk to a node server and then pass this info to the led screen. We have them set up to show the number plate or a large computer screen. You'll need a fairly large knowledge of coding to make it work though

this is possible, you can get the camera to talk to a node server and then pass this info to the led screen. We have them set up to show the number plate or a large computer screen. You'll need a fairly large knowledge of coding to make it work though

May I ask what language is needed in the coding? Our company wants to do a similar situation for a client and display it through an outdoor led display.

Interesting project. I've noticed the plate details on our LPR camera can take a few seconds to register. If the LED display is on the same pole as the camera, the vehicle may have driven past by the time the plate details appear on the screen.

Some ideas (I am not an expert in this!):
Working demos can be found in C# and C++ in Hikvision's SDK. I use Visual Studio 2017 to modify and test them.
SDK Downloads

It may also be possible to query the camera via ISAPI (Gets the current picture of license plate):
/ISAPI/Traffic/channels/<CameraID>/vehicleDetect/plates

The camera is also able to upload an image to a local FTP server or send a push notification. You could configure a Raspberry Pi on the same network to output the image to the LED display as soon as the event is received. Best of luck and please keep us posted.

Attachments

• How to integrate with Hikvision LPR function via ISAPI.pdf
    883.3 KB · Views: 10,947
Back