01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ANPR not saving images to NVR

kmb786

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi All,

This is my first time on this forum as I have recently had Hikvision cctv installed and currently have the following issue which I hope someone on here can advise before I go back to the installer which could be after the Christmas break.

I have a NVR model DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) - firmware V4.30.010 build 200715 which I believe is the latest version.

I have one bullet camera model DS-2CD2685G0-IZS - firmware V5.6.2 build 190701 connected to the NVR

I also have an ANPR camera connected to the other side model DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS - firmware V5.6.10 build 200703

The ANPR is correctly configured and working and is capturing the number plate registrations as it is listed when I go to the camera web browser and click on the Configuration --> Road Traffic --> Real-time LPR Result and the max. 20 records are listed.

My issue is that the NVR is the saving the number plate images to the NVR as if I go to Picture --> Search then it says no pictures found.

I have been reading on this forum and looking at Youtube videos, and what I have noticed is that if I log on to the NVR web browser and go to the Configuration tab, and underneath there, I cannot see the sub heading "Vehicle Detection" which I'm assuming is where I configure the vehicle detection information similar to like I did directly on the ANPR web config.

The forum tutorials I have seen on here and the youtube show this option on the NVR.

Therefore, can someone please help as is this a firmware/software issue and/or are the above devices compatible with each other as this system was installed by ADT so I cant really see there would be any compatibility issue.

Thank you.

You’ve got a “k” series 7704NI-“K”.... I’m 99% sure the “I” series is the lowest spec for ANPR compatibility so 7708NI-“I”.... for example, it’s the model up from the “K” series.

You’ve got a “k” series 7704NI-“K”.... I’m 99% sure the “I” series is the lowest spec for ANPR compatibility so 7708NI-“I”.... for example, it’s the model up from the “K” series.
Hi fin Thanks for your reply. So are you saying that the DS-7604NI-K1 / B) version I have is probably not compatible with the Anpr camera I have?

Are you recommending I get the DS-7708NI-I?

if the above is the case then I don’t understand why the installer did not know about this as they’re quite a well known and big company.

I have also emailed Hikvision Support so I will also see what they say.

Thank you.

Bump - I’ve had no official reply so far from Hikvision Support so just wandering anyone else on here can confirm that the issue is my NVR model.

Thanks

I am 99.9 sure I am correct and you need an “I” also I understand Hikvision support only responds to dealers not general public

Hi fin

Thanks for your reply again.

When you say the “I” model would

DS-7608NI-I2/8P work with my NVR.​

Thanks

Well that would replace the whole NVR the one you have listed there is an “I” series the ones that I understand work with ANPR

I had mine running on 7708NI-I4 which main difference is the 4 is how many HDD and more bandwidth, I upgraded that to a 7716NI-I4 as I wanted more cameras running 6x 8mp camera and intercom 6113 and two ANPR cameras all Hikvision

Well that would replace the whole NVR the one you have listed there is an “I” series the ones that I understand work with ANPR

I had mine running on 7708NI-I4 which main difference is the 4 is how many HDD and more bandwidth, I upgraded that to a 7716NI-I4 as I wanted more cameras running 6x 8mp camera and intercom 6113 and two ANPR cameras all Hikvision
Hi fin

thanks for this. Which one would you recommend as when I return this one to the installed I’m going to ask for a 8 port model for future expansion as I’m now planning to get maybe three colorvu turret cameras which means I will be a port short on the NVR.

If you could give me the exact model number I need if the NVR for a 8 port NVR that will work with my ANPR then that will be most appreciated.

Thanks

7708NI-I4/8P I’d go for, others may recommended others as there are slightly later versions I believe but I only bought my 7716NI-I4 the other month so still very much for sale and I bought that based on how good the 7708NI-I4 I had was I just wanted more cameras it’s basically the same unit

Thanks fin. I will get back to the installer in the new year and see what they can do.
Thanks

Hi fin
Sorry to ask again but I think this model will also be ok for my needs as I only have one 3TB purple western digital hdd and also to keep costs down as this should also work with my Anpr.

DS-7608NI-I2/8P​

Thanks

Last edited:
I’m running the components below and have no problems with the ANPR
DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P with firmware V4.40.016 build 200803
DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P with firmware V5.4.7 build 180309

Attachments

• 7C6CAC4E-21FD-434C-AA69-C40ED77EA5A6.png
    7C6CAC4E-21FD-434C-AA69-C40ED77EA5A6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 339
I’m running the components below and have no problems with the ANPR
DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P with firmware V4.40.016 build 200803
DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P with firmware V5.4.7 build 180309
Hi

Thanks for your information.

I am going to ask my installer to change my NVR to the above model as the one that I have captures the plate info but does not actually save the pics to the NVR.

The NVR I have (DS-7604NI-K1 / B) does not have the Vehicle Detection option under Configuration. This is where the problem is I think so now going to ask to change it to DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P.

Thanks

Hi All,

I've had the DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P and the extra cameras installed and configured yestrday.

The issue with the anpr not saving images/clips of reg plates is now solved so it was definately the DS-7604NI-K1 / B NVR not being compatible with the anpr camera.

Thank you all for the advice.

Back