01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Any chance of getting min/max box in event for R7 firmware?

spirch

(specific camera are; DS-2DE4A404IW-DE and DS-2DE3304W-DE)

i'm struggling to get rid of false positive in intrusion or line detection on R7 firmware even with 1% sensitivity.

I have 2 others (G1 firmware) that have the min/max and i have no issue at all.

I wish that I had min/max on R7 or something else

any hope to get it? anyone could ask hikvision?

right now to make sure i don't get spam by email by the wind outside that move leaf on the tree (the shadow is what trigger it, depending on the time of day), I have a linkage that send picture to a ftp, i will be monitoring that ftp folder with a script, above a threshold, i will turn of the email linkage and wait until thing calm down to automatically turn it on again.

anyway i'm currently writing that script and I hope to have it ready this weekend.

i shouldn't have to do that i think :(

so i can't rely on file system watcher, i went into my router and setup a max of 1 email per minute per camera in the firewall, that seem to work.

Hi @spirch

I have asked Hikvision support about this issue and if there is any fix being developed, their response is below:

"There is no plan yet, but I will give your suggestion to R&D"

Unfortunately, this means the min/max boxes are unlikely to be introduced in the near future but hopefully they will be added sometime down the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
good to know, thanks

hopefully it should be easy / fast unless the internal structure is too different with firmware that currently have them

for now my firewall is blocking the excessive false positive email

in the mean time, if anyone know a way to stop, with the current R7 firmware with a 1% sensitivity, excessive false positive notification because of wind / moving shadow, let me know

this happen between 1pm and 6pm, cutting trees is not an option

Back