01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Any Mac users happy with iVMS-4200 v2.0.0.10?

Hikvision didn't bother too much about the Mac GUI. Windows can't be minimised. You can't drag a corner either. Only option is "Hide" from the app menu. Even then, it manages to unhide itself every few minutes. All I can say for it is that it is reasonably stable, give or take the occasional crash on closing the app.

I don't see the freezing/blurry window issue on my 64 bit iMac/ iVMS-4200. But it's all a little slow and clunky whereas SecuritySpy is on steroids.

But I have finally found a version of SAPD Tool which works.

Meanwhile, most of my cameras still can't be viewed in a current web Mac browser (although a couple of them do show up, proving that Hikvision know what they need to do).

I don't see the freezing/blurry window issue on my 64 bit iMac/ iVMS-4200. But it's all a little slow and clunky whereas SecuritySpy is on steroids.

I wonder if the freezing or slow response when expanding single camera windows is related to the monitor being 27" and 5K? I guess just seeing so many other bugs and issues, I figured the entire versions needs lots of fine tuning.

My monitor is 27in/5k/i5 so I would say that's not the issue or I would be seeing it too. The default screen resolution isn't 5k of course. I suspect your problem is elsewhere. Maybe try connecting via a POE switch, excluding the NVR, to see if the problem goes away (I'm not using an NVR). Are you running a lot of cameras? Are they recording continuously?

It just happens with the new MAC version of iVMS... if I view the same camera(s) from IE (connecting to the NVR or direct to the camera), and expand them full screen, I don't have any of the same problems.

Presumably you're not using IE on your Mac though so your issue could be Mac-related rather than iVMS-specific? It might be worth simply giving it a good clean with a utility such as CleanMyMac. Are you running any other processes on your Mac at the same time? Did you try booting in safe mode and testing?

Sorry.. that doesn't make sense... my 32 bit MAC version of iVMS which I ran for years doesn't have any of these issues, only the 64 bit version does. Also none of these issues occur when I view the camera outside of the 64 bit iVMS MAC version, such as viewing it directly from the camera in IE (using virtual box), or via the NVR.. they run flawlessly. What appears to be the only common denominator is the new 64 bit mac version of iVMS so far.

What appears to be the only common denominator is the new 64 bit mac version of iVMS so far.
Which isn't exhibiting this behaviour on my Mac, hence my suggestion to look elsewhere for the cause. I do seem to be using a different build of iVMS - 20190625 - however.

Same version of iVMS as mine:

My setup:

macOS v10.14.6 (iMAC i7/32gb mem)
NVR: DS-7732NI-I4 v4.22.000 build 190821
iVMS v2.0.0.10 build 20199625

Given the multitude of bugs in this version compared to previous, I'll see if anything gets worked out if there are new releases. I've been using iVMS mac version in 32 bit for many years with no issues... so hopefully things get worked out.

Seems to be running mostly OK in this other thread:

And if I do choose full screen, I can't get out of it. ESC doesn't terminate full screen. Choosing the smaller 1680 x 1050 will open such a window but it sits on top of the now locked full screen window. The only way I've found to exit full screen is to quit the app. Unless I'm missing something.

Found this post while trying to exit fullscreen myself.

Digging a bit more, I found a right-click will bring up a context menu with "Quit Full Screen" on it. It's shitty UI, but it works.

I posted in other threads, though it may help to consolidate the feedback here too.

I keep getting the macOS firewall pop-up message each time I launch the IVMS4200 app.

Further to that, I often find that when live view is open with various cameras displayed, some of the black bars (with the buttons for Capture/Start Recording/Switch To Instant Playback) manages to overlay itself over other apps/windows.
This has been the case since I upgraded from the previous version, to 2.0.0.10.
The only 'workaround' I have found, is to ensure that the mouse cursor is moved away from any camera live views before switching to another app.

Does anyone have an idea of how to resolve any of these 2 issues?

IVMS-4200 v2.0.0.11 for Mac
macOS Catalina v10.15.2

Further to that, I often find that when live view is open with various cameras displayed, some of the black bars (with the buttons for Capture/Start Recording/Switch To Instant Playback) manages to overlay itself over other apps/windows.

Does anyone have an idea of how to resolve any of these 2 issues?

IVMS-4200 v2.0.0.11 for Mac
macOS Catalina v10.15.2

I'm running Mojave, and in moving from the old 32 bit iVMS to 2.0.0.10, I also had numerous annoying issues such as the one you mention where the black bars overlay other apps/windows. Also, I can't minimize iVMS using the upper right buttons, but can double click on the top bar... and I can close it. Also, in double clicking some of the camera windows to maximize or shrink them back, they sometimes follow my mouse and screw up my camera layout/view on iVMS. I have to say moving to 64 bit was great in that it uses way less CPU, but it is quite buggy. I also noticed sometimes that the camera window takes awhile to "sync" when I maximize it. I never had any issues like this on the older 32 bit version, and all my other apps on my mac have been rock solid.

I'm running Mojave, and in moving from the old 32 bit iVMS to 2.0.0.10, I also had numerous annoying issues such as the one you mention where the black bars overlay other apps/windows. Also, I can't minimize iVMS using the upper right buttons, but can double click on the top bar... and I can close it. Also, in double clicking some of the camera windows to maximize or shrink them back, they sometimes follow my mouse and screw up my camera layout/view on iVMS. I have to say moving to 64 bit was great in that it uses way less CPU, but it is quite buggy. I also noticed sometimes that the camera window takes awhile to "sync" when I maximize it. I never had any issues like this on the older 32 bit version, and all my other apps on my mac have been rock solid.

Yes, I have ALL of the same issues you mentioned above. Very annoying. But agreed - the resource usage is much better on 64 than 32.

Back