01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

App for viewing IP cams as small desktop windows?

Tricky

Is there such an app/software? i found a windows app but as my laptop is de-bloated etc i cannot use the download center and its a faf to reinstate it so if anyone can suggest an app that can do this i would be grateful as running the std Hikvision software is very processor hungry.

Perhaps:

Best I can offer is VLC which will give you a streaming window with a tab button to switch between different streams.

Just had a go with VLC but cant seem to connect using my local ip address for the camera....probably my fault but tried several options.

You need to port forward the cameras in your router config to give them a unique identifier. Then use a URL string like this:

rtsp://[admin_name]:[password]@[IP_address]:[port]/Streaming/channels/101 (for main stream or 102 for sub-stream)

…which produces an example like this:
rtsp://admin:VasK3212@232.233.222.122:563/Streaming/channels/102

You need to port forward the cameras in your router config to give them a unique identifier. Then use a URL string like this:

rtsp://[admin_name]:[password]@[IP_address]:[port]/Streaming/channels/101 (for main stream or 102 for sub-stream)

…which produces an example like this:
rtsp://admin:VasK3212@232.233.222.122:563/Streaming/channels/102

Thanks but wont that mean i will have to reconfigure the NVR as all cameras are connected via POE switches through the router to NVR?

Just tried the format you mentioned but the stream wont open but i haven't configured the router and just used the port used in the Hikvision software con-fig screen.

Hikvision allocate the same standard port to every device so you'll need to forward each camera to its own port number.

Back