01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Apple Safari 12 and Hikvision cameras

Those attending did not know, they have taken this query back to their office / technical team.
We'll let you know if we get a response / hear of a solution coming.

So, is your NVR running the latest 3.4.100 firmware?
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

The (B) denotes it is a newer model.
Fanless.

So, is your NVR running the latest 3.4.100 firmware?
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

The (B) denotes it is a newer model.
Fanless.
Thanks for the info.

Yes it is, it runs the V3.4.100_build180310, but the firmware is still built at 2018-03-10, thats like 15 months ago. The non-B model at least got V3.4.103_build 181226 ... so why isn't the .103 available for the B-model? It's at least 9 months newer...

It just feels like no chance that the browser-plugin will ever work if this model wont get any new firmware upgrades?

Also checking the "I-products", http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Technical Materials/02 NVR/00 Product Firmware/04 I-series/[76 77 96 NI-I]
They already got 4 firmware updates 2019...
The K-line really needs to be "bumped" to the v4.x.x firmware, but that doesn't seem to happen?

My own analysis/conclusion: It feels like the K-models is not a high priority for Hikvision?

Guess I just did bad research before my purchase, thanks for your help.

Thanks for the info.

Yes it is, it runs the V3.4.100_build180310, but the firmware is still built at 2018-03-10, thats like 15 months ago. The non-B model at least got V3.4.103_build 181226 ... so why isn't the .103 available for the B-model? It's at least 9 months newer...

It just feels like no chance that the browser-plugin will ever work if this model wont get any new firmware upgrades?

Also checking the "I-products", http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Technical Materials/02 NVR/00 Product Firmware/04 I-series/[76 77 96 NI-I]
They already got 4 firmware updates 2019...
The K-line really needs to be "bumped" to the v4.x.x firmware, but that doesn't seem to happen?

My own analysis/conclusion: It feels like the K-models is not a high priority for Hikvision?

Guess I just did bad research before my purchase, thanks for your help.

And here we are a year + later and still no fix for the plugin issue across multiple browsers. SeaMonkey is a joke. Does it work ? Somewhat, but it's full of bugs. I can open 6 POE Hikvision cams and when i try to open a 7th, seamonkey crashes EVERY time. It just cant handle the job. It's garbage as far as i'm concerned.

The reality is that Hikvision has no interest in fixing this problem. They are hoping that some 3rd party will fix the issue.
Im thinking that this will come home to bite them as they loose sales from something this stupid.
I know whats going through their head " hey screw them, we will just sell them the new models that work without the plugin. Why would we want to fix the problem? That would hurt the sales of the new models "......

Oops, they just screwed the pooch.. No more Hikvision cams for me. I currently have 15 POE high def cams running on BlueIris but i need access to them via their static IP's on my Hackintosh / Imacs that i have. As they fail, they will be replaced with something not by Hikvision. Not that they care. Clearly they do not...

And here we are a year + later and still no fix for the plugin issue across multiple browsers. SeaMonkey is a joke. Does it work ? Somewhat, but it's full of bugs. I can open 6 POE Hikvision cams and when i try to open a 7th, seamonkey crashes EVERY time. It just cant handle the job. It's garbage as far as i'm concerned.

The reality is that Hikvision has no interest in fixing this problem. They are hoping that some 3rd party will fix the issue.
Im thinking that this will come home to bite them as they loose sales from something this stupid.
I know whats going through their head " hey screw them, we will just sell them the new models that work without the plugin. Why would we want to fix the problem? That would hurt the sales of the new models "......

Oops, they just screwed the pooch.. No more Hikvision cams for me. I currently have 15 POE high def cams running on BlueIris but i need access to them via their static IP's on my Hackintosh / Imacs that i have. As they fail, they will be replaced with something not by Hikvision. Not that they care. Clearly they do not...

@bevis I agree with you, I am going to move over to another supplier.

@bevis I agree with you, I am going to move over to another supplier.

If you find another supplier thats reasonable, please let us know here. Im in need of a couple right now. I think i have a POE switch somewhere on the property with 2 empty ports.

If you find another supplier thats reasonable, please let us know here. Im in need of a couple right now. I think i have a POE switch somewhere on the property with 2 empty ports.

@bevis I haven't looked yet. My main criticism of Hikvision is poor documentation, firmware management and inconsistency across App platforms.

Since we are now approaching Q4 I can only assume that Hikvision either won't fix, or don't know how to fix, their Mac incompatibilities so I believe they are violating the trade descriptions act by stating that their cameras support the Mac Os.

I've just posted a new thread about the initial problems I'm having (as a newbie) with a test camera and Hikvision software. And I've just discovered that their mp4 files are incompatible with Quicktime Player!

If there is a good third-party Mac Os app which can handle Hik cameras without loss of functionality, please shout it out; otherwise I'll take my business elsewhere.

Consumer products such as Reolink are sometimes derided by Hik/Dahua users but Reolink do at least have the cross-platform thing right - even if their varifocal bullet cam takes 20 seconds to focus on zoom.

I finally found a web browser that gives me a live feed in High Sierra: an old version of Opera (v25) which can be downloaded at: download opera 25.0.1614.71 free (mac)

The current version (v63) doesn't give a live feed so don't download it since Opera doesn't seem to allow two versions to co-exist on the same startup volume. It is however an excellent, minimalist, Mac-centric browser which, unlike Safari, supports 4K video.

It's possible that there is a newer version (than 25) which delivers a live feed but I haven't had time to test.

Hi macman, I have just upgraded my Mac to Catalina. Now my Seamonkey has upgraded itself and I am not sure what version I was using and Opera 25.0.1614.71 isn't compatible either. Such a pain

Damn - that's another reason not to upgrade. Just for kicks you could try Opera v64 released this week...

Downloaded the latest version and it is asking for as plug in. Do you know which version of Seamonkey actually worked?

Allegedly, SeaMonkey 2.49.4 worked for some but others reported it only displaying sub-streams and/or broken by a subsequent Hikvision firmware update.

Back