01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Apple Safari 12 and Hikvision cameras

How to get Firefox work, I only get this "No plug-in detected" error, even if the latest "WebVideoPlugin_V3.0.6.23" is installed? :confused:

Firefox 62.0.3 (64-bit)
macOS Mojave 10.14

Seamonkey seems to work with NVR (7604NI-E1) but not all my cameras directly.

How to get Firefox work, I only get this "No plug-in detected" error, even if the latest "WebVideoPlugin_V3.0.6.23" is installed? :confused:

Firefox 62.0.3 (64-bit)
macOS Mojave 10.14

Seamonkey seems to work with NVR (7604NI-E1) but not all my cameras directly.

I haven't changed any Firefox settings and it just works. It is a Easy IP 3.0 Camera with latest firmware.

Can you check you have latest firmware installed 5.5.61 ?

I think Firefox may be camera model / software dependant

Firefox works on my G1 cameras running latest software running 5.5.61

Firefox doesn't work on an older R6 Cube running 5.5.5

I had success using SeaMonkey with firmware 5.5.51, but when I updated to 5.5.61 it stopped working with SeaMonkey.

New member here - thanks for the tip on SeaMonkey. It worked for me. Here is the data:

Mac Sierra 10.12.6
SeaMonkey 2.49.4
Cameras:
Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS

I am using SeaMonkey but it is a pretty lousy browser. It puts my password in the username or displays the password. Just not polished by any stretch but it doesn't work. Sometimes it will lock up and I have restart - not refresh - in order to get it to work again. I wish Safari worked with the cameras.....

Any news from Hikvision, Phil?
I'm surprised we're in this position and they're struggling for a fix when it seems apparent Apple was going the same route as others.
I'm going to have to buy a PC and Explorer if this isn't sorted as not only can't I see images on my Mac and it makes configuring the cameras difficult, I can't capure images and copy then to disc etc. Cock-up, isnt it. I know it's nothing to do with UseIP and you and your team probvide great support, but I'm really surprised at Hikvision's complete lack of foresight.

I have just asked Hikvision for an update on this.
I'll update here as soon as I hear anything.

Depending on what hardware you have, and assuming it is running the latest available firmware, you may have more success if your try the Chrome browser with Hikvision.

Don't shoot the messenger - "Q1 next year"

Any suggestions for downgrading EasyIP 2.0 camera firmware?

My 2CD2442 was working in Firefox ESR 52, then I upgraded it to v5.5.53 (180409) and now Live View is black. Curiously, the Update Firmware option has disappeared from the web interface!

Yes, I am one of those Mac people with the latest (3.0.6.32) plugin.

Curiously, the Update Firmware option has disappeared from the web interface!
Try refreshing the browser please - usually the cause when pages do not display fully in a browser.

Good to know to avoid that version. I have v5.5.5 and Firefox ESR 52.8.0 and the same plugin version ok with that camera.

I have a macbook pro mid-2012 with MacOS High Sierra.

Setup is NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) on latest firmware with IP DS-2CD2385FWD-1 upgraded to latest firmware V5.5.80 build 180911. I used IVM-4200 to do it because upgrade doesn't show up from the browser.

Safari, Chrome or any other browser doesn't work. Also IP camera was setup with NVR Virtual Host and after upgrade I have lost the ability to open camera from NVR.

Hik-Connect works though with live view and recording. Any idea what else I can do make the NVR Camera link to work on Mac OS?

Phil,
Have Hikvision found a solution yet?

Apple have just released an update to their Safari browser - V12.0

First reports are coming in that with this version of Safari it is no longer possible to view Live Video from your Hikvision cameras.

The latest version of the Mac plugin currently available is V3.0.6.23 (on that landing page click Downloads at the left side; this version is dated Feb 12th 2018) - this is the latest version of the plugin we can find currently and it does not work with Safari V12.0.

We will update as soon as we hear of a resolution.

In the mean time, if you need to view your Hikvision cameras from Safari on your Mac it's probably best to not update just yet.

NB
Our attempts to downgrade Safari have so far been unsuccessful :(
[for us - it's broken - waiting for a new plugin]

You can access your Hikvision cameras using the Chrome browser on your Mac.
But the maximum resolution it'll show is 1920 x 1080 (looks horrible on a 5K iMac).
And, the Playback function seems to be missing.
We tested a Config change & Save in Chrome and that seemed to work OK.

Back