01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Apps lose video

rtaylor

I have an HNRA10-64, firmware v4.21.005 build 191030 with 28 DS-2CD2085FWD-I cameras
We are having an issue with video on the android and apple app as well as in a web browser. Every day, we lose video to those remote viewers. We do not lose video locally on the monitor or television (connected to HDMI 1 and 2). We can be onsite and no video on the apps or in a browser (older version of IE).

Hikvision will not support me because they say I bought from a reseller. The reseller says I have to unbind; but, we never set up Hik-Connect or enabled any of the platform access options. They say until I do that, the issue will not resolve. I've followed all suggestions I can find on the internet and the issue simply will not resolve. I can bring the camera up remotely and have no issues with video...it's only when I use an app to view the cameras. We are using a variety of apps - NVMS4200, iVMS 4500, android, apple and Internet Explorer 11 (pnly I use that and only when I need to restart the NVR)

To resolve the issue, I reboot the NVR remotely and everything is fine for another 24-36 hours. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is? The reseller told me my internet is dropping; but, it's not. I ran wireshark and there's no issues that come up. I use a Sonicwall TZ350 and have the cameras on a separate LAN zone from the network. Cameras are also on their own Cisco POE switch. I do have a route to access both LAN's; but, when I shut that down, the issue remained. The firewall is showing no intermittent issues and the internet provider is not showing any issues (1gb cable modem).

Thank you

Rich

Back