01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Are there Any Better Hikvision Camera Choices than the DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP ColorVu Turret?

Pike25lb

I have a poe hikvision set up i am looking to get a couple of the colorvu camera I am thinking towards the turret style type the 4mp
Is there any better ones out there or any advice
Or shall I just stick to getting the 4mp colorvu thanks

Hi @Pike25lb

If you want the ColorVu technology then the DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP ColorVu Turret is the best option currently as there is no 8MP ColorVu turret model yet.

If ColorVu is less important then you can look at the DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret

Do be aware though that the unique smart features of the ColorVu and AcuSense cameras are only fully compatible with Hikvision I-series NVRs. (e.g. DS-76xxNI-I2 / DS-77xxNI-I4 / DS-96xxNI-I8/-I16)

Hi thanks for that its the 76 ni model I have i have the slightly older turret style camera 4k 8mp just thinking of going colorvu for better night time image

Reactions: Dan
Hi @Pike25lb

If you want the ColorVu technology then the DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP ColorVu Turret is the best option currently as there is no 8MP ColorVu turret model yet.

If ColorVu is less important then you can look at the DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret

Do be aware though that the unique smart features of the ColorVu and AcuSense cameras are only fully compatible with Hikvision I-series NVRs. (e.g. DS-76xxNI-I2 / DS-77xxNI-I4 / DS-96xxNI-I8/-I16)
Hi dan what is the difference between the G1 and G2 model thank

G1 and G2 are different generations of the same model, the G2 has some software/hardware upgrades from the G1 model. The attached document explains these upgrades.

Attachments

• 2nd Generation Acusense Info Sheet (2).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 455
Hi @Pike25lb

Do you know when the 8MP ColorVu turret will be released?

Hi @Jami3

There has been no announcement from Hikvision about 8MP ColorVu Turrets yet.

Hi @Jami3

There has been no announcement from Hikvision about 8MP ColorVu Turrets yet.
I wondered if the lack of an 8MP (or higher) ColorVu was marketing or technical? I thought it was the latter, as I imagine with the increased aperture ColorVu needs to produce colour imagine in low light conditions, it becomes difficult to correct and achieve resolutions higher than 8mp.

Taking image quality aside, how much better is the human/vehicle detection in G2 vs the motion/intrusion detection of G1? I still find G1 alerts are not good enough out of the box, even with some tweaking. Still get to many false alerts.

Back