01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Asus AX92U Firewall preventing Hik-Connect from working?

PaulS

I've just installed a new Asus AiMesh system and I could not get Hik-Connect working (on any network not connected to my LAN).
The Devices and Hik-Connect (when logged in via laptop) showed them as "Online" but there was no communications.
I've been messing with this and the only way I can get it to work is turning off the Asus AX92U "Firewall".
If I turn the FW off all works well. Turn the FW back on and the HK session continues to run. Restart the HK session and says "Device Offline".
Why, when I log into HK on my PC does not show the Device as Online but it's unable to connect via the app?
I'm obviously keen to have the Firewall enabled, so any ideas on how to get around this, please?
Thanks,
Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you able to adjust any parameters or settings of the firewall?
If you are limited to only being able to turn it on and off, then I guess it'll be very difficult to find a solution.

If you search this forum for Kaspersky you'll find a few posts by users of their firewall negotiating settings.

Hikvision is popular worldwide, perhaps if you contact ASUS Tech Support they might have some settings that will enable the firewall to remain in use and let the Hik-Connect traffic through?

dont think your firewall is causing the issue, because if you can connect to it on the desktop trough website, it should be fine

on your mobile client, does it work when you are on wifi or on 3G mobile?

also on your asus fouter, disable AI protection instead of firewall, that helps maybe? i also have a asus rt-ac86u , no issues here with firewall turned on
port forwarding is not needed

Thanks, Phil & NoFate
I cannot connect via mobile 3/4G/3rd-party wireless unless I have the FW switched off.
It seems solid; tried quite a few times and without fail H-C connects when FW disabled and doesn't when enabled.
AiProtection is enabled so I guess I'm getting some protection (?)

maybe AI protection is blocking HikConnect / Hikvision, since its also blocked by google :)

just try to disable ai protection? maybe that helps
firewall should not be an issue

Back