01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Attention. The channel does not exist. OK

stewart

Hi all, my first post so her goes..
I have a Hikvision DS-7600 NVR with two Hikvision DS-2CD2335FWD-1 cameras. The system is about 6 months old and worked great using my 8 year old Samsung LED TV.
I have now replaced the old TV for a new LG 49SK8100PLA HDR Smart 4K Super UHD
I set system up on the new TV, plugged in the TV and NVR, started the TV and then booted the NVR. Great it all worked just like the old Samsung TV. Then I started to get a message on the TV saying ‘Attention. The channel does not exist. OK’. Using the NVR mouse I clicked OK and the message would disappear but would return, not immediately but after a while.

When I turn the TV off and back on I get a message on the TV saying No Signal. If I go into the Device Connector it says the NVR is connected to HDMI no signal. I have tried all 4 HDMI ports, new HDMI cable but always the same problem. The only way to get the signal back is to turn the NVR power off and back on. Not good practice I know but its the only way to get the signal back to see the CCTV on screen.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you

Stewart

Attachments

• IMG_20190208_161434.jpg
    IMG_20190208_161434.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2,346
Hi,
What's the exact model of the NVR, and are you running the latest firmware on all your Hikvision kit please?

NVR DS-7604-K1/4P(B)
SF Version v3.4.100_180310

I have not updated any firmware as the system in not connected to the Internet

Thank you

Stewart

That firmware version is fine.

What do you have the HDMI output configured at please?
Does it make any difference if you try a different out put resolution for the connection to your 4K TV?
(I'd expect the TV to be happy with one or other of the last two settings in the dropdown)
[After changing, it may also be worth trying different HDMI inputs on your TV again if problems persist]

1549898980022.png

Hi Phil
This afternoon I spoke to LG and explaining the symptoms of my problem to one of their engineers the reply was that my LG TV is a domestic TV and is not recommended for NVR/CCTV use because of possible screen burn. They say there is no software or hardware upgrades they can offer. I explained I do not sit there all day looking at CCTV, it is only used for playback and see who is knocking the door etc. They suggested turning the TV on first followed by the NVR only when you need to use the CCTV playback. Ridiculous.
I then contacted the store where I purchased the TV and explained the situation and they agreed to take the TV back. So for me the problem is not over.
Regarding what the VGA/HDMI resolution is set on I cannot find it in the NVR I presume your image is taken off a PC and not the actual NVR itself
My 40" Samsung LED is now back in place and there is no problems what so ever with the NVR
Anyway the TV is going back tomorrow so problem over

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Stewart

I have an older LG TV with a Hikvision NVR and have discovered the "Channel does not exist" issue is the NVR picking up signals from the TV IR remote. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure out which keys cause the problem but I think that TV remote issues something the NVR picks up as me trying to go to "channel 99" (or whatever) which doesn't exist on the NVR and throws that error. Clicking the OK button on the NVR remote control makes that dialog box go away and all is usually well after that.

The "input" button on the TV remote, to switch to the NVR input, definitely causes the NVR to change channels, but usually just one channel at a time forward.

I've had the signal go missing as well, but it hasn't happened very often, maybe 4 or 5 times. Unplugging the NVR for a forced reboot was the only way to get it back, but a couple of times it's come back on it's own without needing to reboot. That one I'd like to figure out as well but hasn't happened enough for it to be too big of a deal for me.

Thanks for this really useful feedback - I never came close to imagining the cause was the TV's remote control :oops:
[Every day is a school day!]

Back