01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Avigilon cameras not reconnecting after power cut

Bash101

Hello,
I have an issue with my Avigilon ACC7 (7.10.4.30) server software where certain Avigilon cameras (which aren’t unique models or firmware versions to this system) fail to reconnect after a power cut. The cameras can be pinged and web browsed into whilst they remain as blue screens noting ‘error’. I’ve found that toggling the connection type in the ‘camera connect/disconnect’ section of the ACC setup from LAN to WAN then back to LAN then re establishes a connection to the problem cameras which then come back online.
Avigilon tech support say that it’s network related and to check UDP ports are open on switches. I don’t see how this can be the case as these cameras span across multiple switches, can be web browsed into fine and reconnect fine once connection type is toggled so I can’t see UDP ports being closed as they wouldn’t come back online?
Has anyone come accross anything similar?

I'm sorry to say that we have very little hands-on experience with Avigilon, and I can't think of anything generic that might help apart from adding UPSs :oops:

Back