01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO AX Pro alarm to NVR connected PTZ?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

Ole Bjørn Darrud

Hi,

Is it possible to combine wireless PIR alarms via AX Pro to NVR and a preset PTZ position/zone?
The PTZ being POE connected to the NVR.

Regards
Ole Bjørn Darrud
Norway

Solution
As suspected, Hikvision tech support has confirmed that it isn't yet possible to link an AX Pro system to a PTZ so that it moves to a preset during a zone alarm - the linked cameras can only be used for 'IVaaS'. Sorry to bring you bad news here :(
Hi Ole,

I'm afraid that we haven't had enough time with the AX Pro kit yet to test exactly what the camera integration offers.

I haven't been able to find anything to say that you can link a PTZ with the AX Pro Hub and configure it to move to preset positions when any of the alarm devices are triggered. I suspect that they would have made some mention of this feature already if it was available - they only really discuss using the linked cameras for immediately sending/emailing 7-second video clips of alarm trigger periods, which they refer to as 'Intruder Verification as a Service':

I have asked Hikvision for some more information though as it is a good question, so I'll hopefully be back with an update soon :)

Upvote 0
Hi,
thank you for responding to my question.
It would be nice if AX Pro could give zone alarms to NVR and trigger the right camera/ preset PTZ.
BR
Ole Bjørn

Upvote 0
As suspected, Hikvision tech support has confirmed that it isn't yet possible to link an AX Pro system to a PTZ so that it moves to a preset during a zone alarm - the linked cameras can only be used for 'IVaaS'. Sorry to bring you bad news here :(

Upvote 1
Solution
Back