01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO AX-Pro Magnet Sensor Issues

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

obrien.james

Hi

I have installed an AX Pro DS-PWA96-M-WE installed for a client.
Initially working fine, but recently there has been an issue with the magnet/shock sensor on the front door no triggering when the door is open.
Doesn't happen every time, but if door been closed for some time, when the door is reopened it does not trigger the sensor. If close the door and re-open it definitely triggers.
Double knock is not on, supervision time reduced to minimum and new battery has made no difference to the issue.

Sensor not too far away as when door is closed, the panel shows that the door is closed.

Im at a loss was to what the issue is - has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions.

thanks

JOB

Hello, I have the same problem on two sensors installed horizontally, have you found a solution?

Thank you Best regards

Sébastien (French)

I don't install the AX pro so I'm not familiar with the actual switch inside that unit. However it's not uncommon for traditional magnetic reed switches to stick closed/open. On a routine maintenance visit to a customer earlier this year, I had an issue where 5 out of 6 Pyronix MC1/Shock-WE (wireless combination contact and shock sensor) had failed in the closed position. No amount of powering down, exclusion and re inclusion to the system would get them reporting again. All 5 were replaced under warranty at 2 years old but issues like that don't inspire a great deal of confidence in a product.

Doesn't happen every time, but if door been closed for some time, when the door is reopened it does not trigger the sensor.
Is there any indication on the sensor itself when this happens - IE is the sensor not changing status or is it changing status but the hub not acknowledging the signal?

Bottom line if you've intermittent issues I'd get them replaced by your supplier.

Hello, thank you for your answers, the LED of the detector does not change state and the state of the contact in the application remains closed as if the mechanism remains blocked. My supplier rejects the fault on the assembly that I will modify, I am distant from 16mm whereas Hilvision gives 36mm MAX. Cordially

Hello, I have exactly the same issue and it's driving me crazy. It happens when the door has been closed for some time.... If I open nothing happens. Suddenly some minutes laters it will however react. If I close the door and reopen everything will work as expected....

Any news on this subject?

Back