01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Axis doorbell A8501E compatible Hikvision NVR ?

RickCam

Hi,

I am new to this forum and security cameras in general. Hoping someone knows how to configure an Axis doorbell on a Hikvision NVR (I have DS7608NI-I2-8p). I just purchased a used Axis and have not gotten it to work yet.

1) Is POE compatible or do I have to use separate injector? If separate, guess I can hook up to my router and then add to NVR.

2) In my camera config, do I use "Axis" or "Onvif" mode? Neither seem to work so far.

I am sure there must be several settings I will need to get right before audio/video will work.

Thanks for sharing any insight or pointing me in the right direction. I searched this forum and others and couldn't find anything similar.

Still couldn't find IP using dedicated POE injecter on router so gave up on this one. Would still be curious if anyone ever got this combination to work.

Just back from our Christmas hols - do you still have / need help with this combo?

Hi Phil,

I had returned the Axis doorbell as I believe it was not functioning correctly. However, I would still be curious if anyone happened to know if the Hikvision NVR was compatible with Axis. I found a vague mention that the POE mode might be different and not sure if that would be the only hurdle.

Back