01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Axis M1034-W Cube IP Camera Review

Harri Whipp

Administrator
ph_m103x_w_front_left_wall_inst_1204_1-300x300.jpg

We all love an Axis camera because of the brand name, quality and functionality. So today we will be looking at the M1034, a cube camera from Axis that was lunched last year. This is a small, stylish cube camera that we were very pleased with.

Let's look at some of the features of this camera. This is a 1MP cube camera that shoots 30fps at 1280 x 800, with a viewing angle of 80 degrees (which is huge for this little camera.) It also has a PIR sensor and night vision to make it a great camera 24/7. As mentioned before this camera is small; measuring just 95mm in height, 59mm in length and only 34mm in width. It also has 2-way audio and can use wireless connection to the network.

This is one of the cameras from the Axis M10 range. There are 8 different cameras in this range which have many different properties such as adjustable focus, audio, wireless, SD slot, PIR sensor/white light LED, I/O ports and PoE compatibility.

We recently unboxed this camera on our YouTube channel:

This camera is so neat, compact and stylish that it could fit into most indoor environments. The extender bar on the mount means that the possibilities become endless of where and how to mount this camera. Below are some images of the extender and standard mount.​
dsc09303-300x300.jpg
dsc09308-300x300.jpg
The camera comes with Axis Camera Companion recording software. This is FREE camera software that will allow you to view and record up to 16 Axis cameras. It has easy set up and a easy-to-use user interface.​
Why not learn more about Axis Camera Companion?​
Axis do have a good web client to connect to the device via, which has all the different settings that you would expect, as well as turning the white light on and off, audio settings, snap shots and recording footage. Take a look at some sample footage:​
Because of this camera's size, functionality and quality I would recommend this camera to anyone looking for a good indoor cube IP camera. This would be a great introduction to any existing CCTV network, as well as to start a new network. I would suggest coupling this camera with Axis Camera Companion as I feel this gives the best solution, however this device can be used with NVR's such as QNAP VioStor or Synology box.​

Back