01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Basic IP cam through a web browser

ropijo

Hello. I'm hoping you chaps can help me please.

I am trying to purchase some IP cameras for a non-profit animal rescue in the UK. Our current cameras (Foscam) are about 15 yrs old and most have gone faulty.

We'd like to match our current set up but with more modern better quality cameras...

They are only used to view the 'residents' from a PC indoors via a web browser (Google Chrome on W10).
We do not record... only watch live.
Although they have wifi capability we use hard wired ethernet and want to keep it this way.
All cameras are supplied from standard UK mains supply local to each camera.
PTZ and IR is a must.

We recently purchased some SriHome cameras through the online auction site that were claimed to be Windows compatible but turned out only to run from an Android device. An Android emulater was needed to run on a PC but it turned our reasonably powerful W10 into a ZX81, and gave us about 2 frames per minute. These were returned to the seller and we got our money back (after a hard fight).

So, our new cameras absolutely must run through a browser and this is the thing I cannot find in any specifications.

I may have forgot to mention they need to be 'cheap!!'. We're not looking for professional security cameras, just cameras to do the basic job outlined above.

Can anybody here recommend a camera that will do this please?

Thank you for any advice offered.

Hi @ropijo

Apologies for your post not going up straight away, sometimes with longer posts that feature certain words & phrases the forums spam filter can be triggered and the post is put on hold until we can manually verify it as a genuine post.

use-IP is the name of our webshop where we only sell IP surveillance equipment, we also manage this forum.

Unfortunately, our focus is on the professional end of the market and none of the brands we sell offer indoor PTZs for the physical size and budget you are looking at.

Our recommendation would be to look at the consumer IP PTZ options from brands like Foscam, HiLook, and other consumer IP brands.

PTZs are a camera option where there is very little middle ground when it comes to price, your choice is either to have a cheaper, lower quality consumer PTZ for around £100 each or jump up to a high-quality, professional PTZ that will start at around £350-400 each.

Hikvision, who are one of the most popular brands, has recently introduced a range of smaller value PTZ cameras that are designed for indoors and to try and bridge the gap between the cheap consumer product and high-end product, but we have checked for stock of these products before and they are rarely held in stock in the UK. If any of the value models did interest you we can always check stock/lead-time for you, just drop us an email with the models you are after info@use-ip.co.uk

Back