Hi, I need to install a 4 or 5 camera system in a detached residential property and would like some help with selection please. I'm looking to mount all cameras around the house on the soffit board which is 5 metres from the ground. The front drive is 16m wide and 16m to the road but really the camera would just need to cover cars parked within 10m, was looking to mount on corner of house covering the drive diagonally A camera each side of house to cover 2m x 10m long side entrance to rear, a camera at rear covering patio area close to house 10m wide, again camera mount on corner of house covering diagonally. Also possibly a doorbell camera if the budget allows but all would need to be off the same app. So a fairly standard setup but need help on selection of hardware:-
- Which cameras would you recommend to give good clarity day and night and have a microphone, front and rear cameras are probably the most important ones.
- I've assumed wired but is this the best option?
- App likes would be to have easy browse through footage, movement notification, possibly with the ability to determine if triggered by a person.
- Which NVR and hard drive?
- Would Cat6 cable be best?
- Would the cameras be better at a lower level, its more work as I would need to route cable under first floor floors and mount cameras on wall but could be an option if the benefits are worth it.
- Instead of a doorbell what alternatives are there for communicating with delivery drivers etc when no one is home?
- Budget is flexible but without the doorbell I was looking at £500 to £700 but all down to best options and not over spec'ing with unnecessary gizmo's.