01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Best Turret Camera?

kmb786

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi

I have recently had a Hikvision system installed with 5MP bullet and 2MP Anpr Poe IP cameras and am looking at installing another two-three smaller turret cameras.

I have purchased a 4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU ColorVu camera just to try out in different locations and the quality and range is very good.

However, one of these cameras is going to go on a pole below the 5MP bullet camera as I cannot see anything at night from that angle which is being covered by the Anpr camera and also does not cover my property with the Anpr as that is mainly focussing on the road.

Therefore, I was thinking of maybe getting a 8MP turret to go on the pole and have two 4MP turret to use for the other two location rather than buy all 4MP ones.

Therfore, apart from the megapixel difference, what do people think about the following two models and should I just stick with the 4MP or the 8MP to go on the pole to cover the property and part of the footpath and road as there is not much difference in price.

4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU ColorVu
8MP DS-2CD2385G1-I Hikvision IP DarkFighter Lite 4K 8MP 30m - this one to install on the pole

Thanks

Hi

I have recently had a Hikvision system installed with 5MP bullet and 2MP Anpr Poe IP cameras and am looking at installing another two-three smaller turret cameras.

I have purchased a 4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU ColorVu camera just to try out in different locations and the quality and range is very good.

However, one of these cameras is going to go on a pole below the 5MP bullet camera as I cannot see anything at night from that angle which is being covered by the Anpr camera and also does not cover my property with the Anpr as that is mainly focussing on the road.

Therefore, I was thinking of maybe getting a 8MP turret to go on the pole and have two 4MP turret to use for the other two location rather than buy all 4MP ones.

Therfore, apart from the megapixel difference, what do people think about the following two models and should I just stick with the 4MP or the 8MP to go on the pole to cover the property and part of the footpath and road as there is not much difference in price.

8MP DS-2CD2385G1-I Hikvision IP DarkFighter Lite 4K 8MP 30m - this one to install on the pole

Thanks
@kmb786 for normal domestic use 4mp is enough. My 4 security cameras are all 4mp and provide excellent video.

Second the above. 4mp for residential is very reasonable especially if have good enclosed space. I went for colorvu all round as there is minimal ambient lighting.

Second the above. 4mp for residential is very reasonable especially if have good enclosed space. I went for colorvu all round as there is minimal ambient lighting.
Thank you - After trying the ColorVu in different locations/angles, I've decided that I will go for the 4MP ColorVu as the quality is really good.

Hi

Thanks
I'd give the 2385G1 a miss as it's now an older model. If you want 8MP go for the 2386G2 which is far superior to the G1 in low light and has the AcuSense functionality that your ColorVu G2's have. Alternatively your best bet if it's pole mount might be to consider the new DS-2CD2686G2-IZS which is an 8MP variable-focal AcuSense bullet allowing you to set the viewing angle precisely to your requirements. That model may or may not be available from stock yet.

I'd give the 2385G1 a miss as it's now an older model. If you want 8MP go for the 2386G2 which is far superior to the G1 in low light and has the AcuSense functionality that your ColorVu G2's have. Alternatively your best bet if it's pole mount might be to consider the new DS-2CD2686G2-IZS which is an 8MP variable-focal AcuSense bullet allowing you to set the viewing angle precisely to your requirements. That model may or may not be available from stock yet.
Hi

Thanks for your recommendations. I’ve actually gone and ordered the 4MP turrets as they will be sufficient for my coverage as I did buy one previously and set it up and tried in the various locations.

Thanks

@kmb786 question for you. The anpr 2mp camera you have I assume is a HIK? if so do you have ambient/street lighting or not as I’m interested in one to cover country road adjacent to property but we have no lighting at all. Is night quality able to catch number plates? also, with colorvu are you getting good picture without using white led supplement? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

@kmb786 question for you. The anpr 2mp camera you have I assume is a HIK? if so do you have ambient/street lighting or not as I’m interested in one to cover country road adjacent to property but we have no lighting at all. Is night quality able to catch number plates? also, with colorvu are you getting good picture without using white led supplement? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
Hi Dave

the Anpr is very good at catching number plates at night. As the night picture is pitch black (that’s how the Anpr cameras are supposed to work to get number plates at night), I’m in the process of getting a ColorVu installed just below the Anpr so that I can get the normal footage covered during the dark.

Hi

Thanks
I think 4MP is fair enough, because 4K camera have way smaller light sensitivity. I have 4MP system and I'am pretty satisfied.

Back