01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Best way to view Hikvision cameras on lounge TV?

Murfy92

Hi,

- 8 Hikvision cameras
- NVR is DS-7616NI-K2

I want to be able to view my cameras (live playback, recorded playback) through my TV in the lounge.
What is the best way to do this?

1. HDMI
I can connect the HDMI cable from NVR to the TV but the NVR is very far from the TV and so connecting a mouse to control the user interface is out of the question.Would the NVR be able to use a bluetooth mouse?

2. Hik-Connect app on tv? I don't have an android TV

any other options?

Connect an Android TV streaming box like the Nvidia Shield to your TV via HDMI and sideload Hik-Connect onto it. You can then view your cameras by switching AV channel on your TV or by playing the feed in PiP if your TV supports it. You'll need a cordless air mouse (or cordless keyboard with a trackpad cursor) for the Nvidia box. Works for me.

Attachments

• PIP.png
    PIP.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 566
You can use HDMI extender. That is how I have connected NVR to TV. Plus a USB extender for the mouse.
2 devices (NVR & TV) are 50 meters Ubiquiti TOUGH Cable Cat5e length away.
I use this HDEX002M1.
Usb extender UCE260 is causing me some problems with disconnections every 7 days, but I will find out if it is from extender or NVR.

Last edited:
You can use HDMI extender. That is how I have connected NVR to TV. Plus a USB extender for the mouse.
2 devices (NVR & TV) are 50 meters Ubiquiti TOUGH Cable Cat5e length away.
I use this HDEX002M1.
Usb extender UCE260 is causing me some problems with disconnections every 7 days, but I will find out if it is from extender or NVR.
I have Android TV in Network. Can i View cameras on TV? Can Not have HDMI. Just LAN. Hikvision DS-7608NI-K1

I have Android TV in Network. Can i View cameras on TV? Can Not have HDMI. Just LAN. Hikvision DS-7608NI-K1
If you can side load the Hik-Connect app on to your Android TV you can view the cameras using the app.

Second dimo's approach. Cheap and very reliable.
HDMI to ethernet from NVR to TV. USB to ethernet from NVR to near your TV. Require two ethernet cables of-course.

Back