01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Bitrate & Image Quality

RBW

Im struggling to understand the relationship between bitrate and image quality settings.

As understand it bitrate = the amount of data processed? Surely this is the same as image quality?

Could someone please explain the bitrate and image quality settings.

Many thanks.

Hi,
If you increase/improve the image quality, then yes you will increase the bitrate.
The higher the resolution that you use/set, the higher the bitrate.
The more fps (frames per second) that you set, the higher the bitrate.
The CODEC that you select will also have a significant effect on bitrate; h.265+ is currently the most efficient CODEC, manufacturers claim it will save up to 70% of the bandwidth used if the same camera setup were using the h.264 CODEC.

Hi Dear RBM,
Good question , i hope i can help you with this :
Image Quality mean more (pixels and/or more image per second ), so that mean more bandwidch , and more bandwidth mean more bitrate , of course as said Phil the codec used can reduce the bandwith but you have to know that if you use H.265 , you will use more CPU on the hardware ... , also you can choose Some camera with DNR technologie , it's called zipstream on Axis(more than 50% of reduction), or IDNR at Bosch the average is more than 30%, at Sony brand it called XDNR, at Honeywell 3-DNR and 3D noise filtring at pelco and others....
hope this will help you, i highly recommand you to do the complete training on : www.udemy.com/ip-videosurveillance , you will know all what you need
Thanks

Back