01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Black or White camera?

will_k

Hi Use-IP, thanks for sending the email about the new HikVision DS-2CD2385G1-I/B, just to let you know the link in the email doesn't work, at least for me:

https://www.use-ip.co.uk/hikvision-...442055757&mc_cid=8dfd4d5d26&mc_eid=1d9199cb02

Although I found it via the turrets section on your site.

Which leads to my question - Is it better to get a black or white camera? If lets say I have yellowish bricks like the attached images?

Also which colour would last longer without fading / getting dirtier in the UK weather?

White would get dirty quicker I presume? And black, would it turn grey in the sun during the summer?

Would black camera be more likely absorb more heat in the sun during the very hot summer, and cause the camera to overheat?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Arundel-Yellow-Multi-Stock-Web1.jpg
    Arundel-Yellow-Multi-Stock-Web1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 294
  • ARUNDEL-YELLOW-MULTI-STOCK-WEB2.jpg
    ARUNDEL-YELLOW-MULTI-STOCK-WEB2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 336
Hi @will_k

apologies for the problem with the link, it has happened with us before with service we use to send the newsletters and we are investigating.

In regards to the Black vs. White, there are some pros & cons to both but in most cases, it comes down to 2 things:

1. What would look best in the location you are mounting
2. Whether you want the cameras to be a visible deterrent or a more discreet

So either could work with the property in the photo but black will be more visible while white will be more discreet, where as on a darker red brick house the opposite would be the case.

Would black camera be more likely absorb more heat in the sun during the very hot summer, and cause the camera to overheat?
that's a solid reason, honestly, I'd go with a white one just not to buy another one in case of breakage

Back