01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Blue Iris 5 really high CPU usage.

stone28

Hi all,

I have Blue Iris 5.0 installed on my Server which is only doing IP camera footage recordings. However the CPU is constantly on 80-100% from only 2 or 3 cameras, and they are not like 4k cameras or anything... Could you please tell me if it's possible or is there something wrong with my setup.

I think these cameras (at least two of them are h.265 and my CPU does not support hardware encoding so maybe that's the problem but I am not sure if I can/should change that in Blue Iris.

Server Spec
Intel i5-6500CPU @ 3.20GHz
8GB Ram
SSD (system) HDD (data disk for footage recordings)
Windows 10

Cameras connected:
DS-2CD1021 (HikVision)
DS-2CD2355FWD (HikVision)
DH-IPC-HDBW4321R (Dahua)

Also this is the set up for one of the cameras (same settings for other cameras are greyed out but I think that's because they are using the same config.:

1612117698255.png

Is really my hardware too weak for just that? I was hoping it will be so little used (the PC) that I can start using other bits on it like Plex etc.... But I can even watch a movie on it if the is too much compression on it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Stone28

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
We're not familiar with Blue Iris, so it may be best to check directly with them.
But, we do find that h.265/+ can have a a big impact on the processing required.
Try it with h.264/+.

Back