01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Brand New NVR - Cant login !

Chris77

Hi,

Ive started up my new NVR for the first time but cant get past the first screen of the setup wizard - whatever i put in password give an error.

Connected directly to NVR via HDMI not via any software / apps.

Hope someone can help, ive scanned the forums and also Milesight web site but cant seem to find the answer.

The setup screen below does not match what is shown in help or setup docs !

This is not my first system as we had Hikvision at our old house, but Its my first experience of this brands kit & so far i'm not totally impressed ......

Thanks

Chris

Hi @Chris77

Have you tried using the default password - ms1234 - as the admin password?

On the latest firmware, you have to enter a unique password to begin the setup, but as this NVR was likely from one of our earlier batches of stock it will probably have an older firmware in place that still uses a default username & password.

If it does work we would recommend doing the NVR firmware update as soon as possible, this is because a recent NVR update introduced a new file system and this will require the HDDs to be formatted, see more here

After you have updated to the new file system then you can update to the latest version - Download Center|Milesight - do NOT update straight to this latest firmware version, do the file system firmware first.

Back