01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Browser based PTZ control

supermanscott

Hi there.
I'd like to buy some ip cameras, both indoor and outdoor.
The features I'd like are : PTZ control via web browser (I work in an environment where I have no access to a mobile phone, or PC that I can install software on, so I want to be able to monitor and control my camera over the web using any browser), and preferably Dropbox/Onedrive type recording as this saves paying monthly fees to a 3rd party company.
Needs IR viewing and preferably motion detection too.
Is this possible, or am I asking too much?
I could forgo the dropbox function and use an Intel NUC with software that will backup to dropbox/onedrive if needs be.

Ta!

Yep, asking too much ;)
Most solutions are still reliant upon you using Internet Explorer (sad, but true) - you can use the IEtab extension to Chrome.
You can't continuously backup / backup all to the Cloud (too much data from high-res CCTV).

I'd suggest an NVR at site.
Record and manage your cameras with that NVR.
Configure port forwarding/DNS to permit remote access to your NVR (and thereby all cameras).

Hikvision only include auto-tracking on their more expensive PTZs - £1K ish and above.
Milesight PTZs will all include auto-tracking in a forthcoming firmware update - we have Beta tested in the office and it seems OK.

We would normally recommend fixed cameras for security applications, unless you have a guard in a gatehouse/control room who is going to monitor and control the PTZ.
The classic is the PTZ left looking at the bird table whilst the house is burgled.
The only way to guarantee constant coverage/security is to dedicate cameras to the areas of interest.

Sorry (in a rush), I have just re-read, and you asked for motion detection, not tracking. VMD can be configured with most PTZs - when at their preset positions.

Back