01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera 20 foot high with good night vision.

Redialnow

Hi all,

This time looking for a poe camera to go on back of house. To save yanking up carpets and boards, I decided best route was to run cat 6 cable into loft then to outside wall. Problem is it is around 20feet high. Everything is in place and as i need to carry out maintenance on fascias, soffits and paint wall the scaffolding is going up on Wednesday this week. I do need/want good night vision and another factor is we live near coast so back of house can at times take a lot of wind and rain. Salt not a problem as we are a few miles from coast. Not really interested in anything with a lense wiper, just something that will take winter weather without letting water in and causing issues.....and something that doesn’t break the bank :)

My setup so far which I want to add this camera to is:
1x Hickvision DS-7608NI-12-8P Network recorder
2x Hickvision DS-2CD2385FWD-1 Turret cameras 2.8MM 8MP
1x Hickvision DS-2CD2563GO-IS 2.8MM 6MP

I would opt for another DS-2CD2385FWD turret but am I correct in thinking the height would make the ir at night poor?

I like the wide angle the 2.8 give so also want cam to give a nice wide field of view.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi @Redialnow

Mounting a 2385 at 20-feet/6 metres should not be an issue, if you take a look at this YouTube video we made the camera in the video is mounted roughly 4m of the ground and the top of the path where it meets the grass is roughly 15m from the camera, if you have quite a clear FoV and depending on the angling of the camera you should have IR range of around 20-30m (if you are using a wide 2.8mm lens you will probably only have recognisable detail up to about 15-20m just because the FoV is so wide)

Thats great news. Really like the turrets so jwill go with that. I want to mount on junction box, which one should I use? Again, need something that will take the weather without leaking. If anyone could recommend which one to use I would be very greatful.
Thanks Dan,
Paul

The new 2385G1 turrets are a slightly different shape/size to the older 2385FWD that you had previously and so it does use a different junction box - DS-1280ZJ-DM21 - If you ever need to know which accessory to use with which camera for future cameras you can always find a list of compatible accessories either in the frequently bought together section on the camera product pages at our webshop or at the bottom of each camera datasheet.

Hi Dan,
I just want to check if the DS-1280ZJ-DM21 junction box is correct as the three outer fixing threads do not line up with the camera base. However, the four inner fixing threads do line up. Is the seal between camera and junction box ok when using the four inner fixing threads?
Thanks,
Paul

Hi @Redialnow

That is correct, the 2385G1 is designed to be mounted to the DM21 using the 4 internal mounting points, the junction box should have a rubber seal around the lip so when you screw the base down onto those 4 points it should squeeze quite tight against that rubber seal and keep any moisture & dirt out.

Back