01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera detection event to switch on LED light

dazulrich

Hi,
in some posts it was mentioned that the Hikvision Colorvu Cameras cannot turn on the LED light based on smart events.
Is there any other camera that can do that? To light up the scene to capture more details once motion is detected.
I would have thought having camera with built in light, this would be one of the most asked for things. - instead of just timer based always on/off..

I have a rather dark back yard at night and I don't really want to have a bright light shine all night.

/Daz

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @dazulrich

Unfortunately, the light being triggered by event is not something offered by any camera we sell, the main reason being that when light levels change suddenly the camera has to adjust and this can leave you with an overexposed image for several seconds after the light has triggered which can be enough time for important details to be missed.

If the scene is very dark and you have no ambient lighting (e.g. street lights or floodlights) then we usually recommend using a model with IR LEDs instead as these give off minimal visible light which makes it less of a problem to have them on all night.

dazulrich

Thanks Dan.. I was mostly curious, but this seems to be more of a Arlo, etc camera type of feature.. put the light on as deterrent and illiminate scene for recording. Sure i can use a IR LED Cam.

dazulrich

Hi Dan,
I came across a Youtube "review" of the DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) by some Oz Security guys from Perth in which they claim you can use line crossing smart events to trigger the LED light. (they don't show any configs, but footage that shows the line crossing event and the light coming on.

The hikvision docs don't seem to make any mention of this feature. (but then the docs can be quite generic).
I know you said you can't, but maybe its possible , but don't want to fork out 200 quid to find out it's not.
Let's see if they respond to my around the globe enquiry..