01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera detection event to switch on LED light

dazulrich

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi,
in some posts it was mentioned that the Hikvision Colorvu Cameras cannot turn on the LED light based on smart events.
Is there any other camera that can do that? To light up the scene to capture more details once motion is detected.
I would have thought having camera with built in light, this would be one of the most asked for things. - instead of just timer based always on/off..

I have a rather dark back yard at night and I don't really want to have a bright light shine all night.

/Daz

Hi @dazulrich

Unfortunately, the light being triggered by event is not something offered by any camera we sell, the main reason being that when light levels change suddenly the camera has to adjust and this can leave you with an overexposed image for several seconds after the light has triggered which can be enough time for important details to be missed.

If the scene is very dark and you have no ambient lighting (e.g. street lights or floodlights) then we usually recommend using a model with IR LEDs instead as these give off minimal visible light which makes it less of a problem to have them on all night.

Thanks Dan.. I was mostly curious, but this seems to be more of a Arlo, etc camera type of feature.. put the light on as deterrent and illiminate scene for recording. Sure i can use a IR LED Cam.

Hi Dan,
I came across a Youtube "review" of the DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) by some Oz Security guys from Perth in which they claim you can use line crossing smart events to trigger the LED light. (they don't show any configs, but footage that shows the line crossing event and the light coming on.

The hikvision docs don't seem to make any mention of this feature. (but then the docs can be quite generic).
I know you said you can't, but maybe its possible , but don't want to fork out 200 quid to find out it's not.
Let's see if they respond to my around the globe enquiry..

I would like colourvu cameras but this LED issue is putting me off as well. If as mentioned the led coming on during motion or line detect could cause over exposure , this may or may not be the case but the option to use it that was would be great , also if the LED illuminated at different levels and speeds... where i live I have houses across the road around 15meters away and a constant LED would annoy them... as for the darkfighters they are good but a high exposure setting which produces alot of noise is needed to catch a moving image well......If hikvision allow this in the UK spec which is avaliable in other countries there would be a large demand for these cameras .....the LED would act like a motion security light which generally gets ignored by people but would be useful for the camera.....
I asked use-ip and they have contacted hikvision about this and hopefully any update regarding this will be received soon....

I've been researching something similar too. It seems as though the Australian firmware for the ColorVu allows for the option to activate the LED on trigger events. There is a YT commenter on a ColorVu video, who flashed the AU firmware on a UK model and it works. Also talks of invalidating the UK warranty by doing this.

Another (UK) YT video seems to suggest they have been speaking with Hikvision and have a non-public beta firmware allowing this function.

So it seems as though this function may be coming to the UK - but who knows when...

Last edited:
Thanks for that. The question is whether this only works for the mentioned G1 turret or the G1 bullets as well or even the new G2 models.

Found this doc (from another Oz) security company mentioning similar WhiteLight alarm for line crossing using special firmware 5.5.134 201014 for the G2 ColorVu cams DS-2CD2347G2-L(U)/DS-2CD2047G2-L(U).
seems something is possible for the G2 models too. but no link to the firmware in the doc (of ref on their website that could find).

Hi @dazulrich

Another forum user brought this new YouTube video to our attention which shows that the new G2 ColorVu+AcuSense models (2x47G2) now support the white light to be triggered by Smart Events. (so far it does not appear to be supported on the G1 ColorVu models)

Thanks @Dan .
that sounds similar to the document I linked . haven't had a chance to watch the whole youtube vid, was that with standard of special/beta FW?
I had a look for the 2047G2-LU 4mm and shop list as "Due"..Do you an ETA for those?
The 2048G1-L 4mm is listed "out of stock", are you expecting them to come back in?

Hi @dazulrich

We do not currently have a lead-time for either the 2047G1 or G2 to be back in stock in 4mm, unfortunately shipping issues and COVID are slowing down stock arrival to the UK and add to this that the UK warehouse always seems to prioritise stock of 2.8mm over any other option, the wait for 4mm and other focal lengths will continue for a while longer.

Hi @dazulrich

Another forum user brought this new YouTube video to our attention which shows that the new G2 ColorVu+AcuSense models (2x47G2) now support the white light to be triggered by Smart Events. (so far it does not appear to be supported on the G1 ColorVu models)

Guys,

I'm running the V5.5.150 build 200927 on DS-2CD2347G2-LU and have no option for LED Light triggering in the Smart Events>Intrusion Detection>Linkage Method (like the video by DVS)

Any ideas how you make this option visible?

Cheers,
Chris

Guys,

I'm running the V5.5.150 build 200927 on DS-2CD2347G2-LU and have no option for LED Light triggering in the Smart Events>Intrusion Detection>Linkage Method (like the video by DVS)

Any ideas how you make this option visible?

Cheers,
Chris
I don't think hikvision incorporated that in the UK/Europe firmware ....seems to avaliable in Australia...... very annoying as that feature would be a great deterant during activity and not annoy neighbours

And presumably you can't load the Oz firmware into the UK models?

Back