01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera detection event to switch on LED light

Not sure.... but on YouTube search DVS cctv and they have a video showing it in action in the uk.... might be worth messaging them . They could probably answer it for you

Just read the comments on the youtube video. Sounds they ran unreleased fw , which could have been the now pulled .160 from the European portal. Let's sit tight. Have couple of days before my G2 arrives.

Just read the comments on the youtube video. Sounds they ran unreleased fw , which could have been the now pulled .160 from the European portal. Let's sit tight. Have couple of days before my G2 arrives.
Found this on a different forum. Looks like 5.5.160 has been released here

I don't think hikvision incorporated that in the UK/Europe firmware ....seems to avaliable in Australia...... very annoying as that feature would be a great deterant during activity and not annoy neighbours
Having viewed the Security Perth YouTube video, it appears they requested custom firmware (v5.5.134_201014) to enable white light triggering by motion detection.
And presumably you can't load the Oz firmware into the UK models?
I also noted in the comments on the above vid that their custom firmware is freely available and someone from the UK has confirmed that they have loaded it and it is working fine. Whether you want to risk loading it....

I think DVS may have been using a beta version of .160 and in their posted youtube video they suggest it will be released 'imminently'?

Last edited:
I’ve just purchased a G2 ColorVu bullet and updated to the latest firmware while I am able to link events to the LED, this also occurs in Day Mode.

From my understanding, that is the expected behaviour in this firmware.

After seeing the Security Perth video and seeing the comment that someone from the UK has tried his firmware with success. I decided to give it a go. Thankfully it worked.

I would prefer to be on the UK firmware but don’t want to light to trigger in the day.

Is there something in the UK firmware I could configure or is has this feature been requested for the UK market.

If it has been requested by vendors, have Hikvision provided a response?

Which firmware version are you running?

The release notes for v5.5.160 build210108 state that this version now supports the light trigger by event feature.

Which firmware version are you running?

The release notes for v5.5.160 build210108 state that this version now supports the light trigger by event feature.
Hi Dan,

I upgraded it to the mentioned firmware and was able to link the led trigger. The issue is that this trigger doesn’t differentiate between day and night mode and therefore the light comes on during the day if triggered.

The AUS firmware handles the trigger differently, it’ll only turn on the light if the camera is in night mode or when ambient light isn’t sufficient if set to Auto for the day/night switch

Hi @ians83

I've spoken to Hikvision support and they have confirmed that the UK firmware does not support the "white light trigger by event" only at night, the AUS firmware is a specifically customised firmware to support this feature so Hikvision Support UK's advice was to stick with the AUS firmware for the time being if you want this feature.

Hi @ians83

I've spoken to Hikvision support and they have confirmed that the UK firmware does not support the "white light trigger by event" only at night, the AUS firmware is a specifically customised firmware to support this feature so Hikvision Support UK's advice was to stick with the AUS firmware for the time being if you want this feature.
@Dan

Many thanks for confirming with Hikvision.

Did they offer any reason why this feature is for he AUS region only as it seems more useful in that region than ours at present.

You mentioned that they said ‘for the time being’, did they imply that they are looking into this for a future firmware release?

No reason given, it was probably only created as a custom firmware at the request of a specific customer/installer.

They did not specifically say "for the time being" but you are likely not the first user in the UK/EU region to report this to Hik support and so they will likely pass it on to Hik HQ to develop a firmware update at some point in the future. (but they have not confirmed this to us so it might not happen)

No reason given, it was probably only created as a custom firmware at the request of a specific customer/installer.

They did not specifically say "for the time being" but you are likely not the first user in the UK/EU region to report this to Hik support and so they will likely pass it on to Hik HQ to develop a firmware update at some point in the future. (but they have not confirmed this to us so it might not happen)
Thanks,

Fingers crossed that it’ll be pushed out at some point then.

I might look into swapping back to the UK/EU firmware and experimenting with different event triggers based on schedules for the time being.

I got a G2 because of the white light trigger and yes was annoying to come on during the day. But guess what, the night time ambient light is enough to have great night time image without the white light. So am not actually using it so far at all...

I got a G2 because of the white light trigger and yes was annoying to come on during the day. But guess what, the night time ambient light is enough to have great night time image without the white light. So am not actually using it so far at all...
Ive only really had chance to play with the settings for 1 evening so far and that was just propped up to an open window.

I wanted to check to see if it’ll fit my needs before I get a full setup.

I think you might have a point about not actually needing it. There is adequate street lighting and I suppose I could supplement this with some outdoor lights.

I think my main draw to the led trigger is that it may grab the attention of people at night and get them looking directly at the camera

I think my main draw to the led trigger is that it may grab the attention of people at night and get them looking directly at the camera
That is true.. I have a white surface close to the camera that bounces the white light back into the cam - really messing up the rest of the image and haven't really managed to control it.. even person looking at the light - i won't get good image.

That is true.. I have a white surface close to the camera that bounces the white light back into the cam - really messing up the rest of the image and haven't really managed to control it.. even person looking at the light - i won't get good image.
That’s a bit disappointing.

I think I need to get mine mounted outside, I purchased one initially to do some testing and see if it’ll meet my needs, but I’d like to review footage for a couple of nights before committing.

Back